• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Billy to UK rumors

lilChomp

VIP Member
I heard on the radio that a Wildcat publication is already saying that Billy was offered the job at Kentucky.

How can UK offer a coach a job when the season isn't even over yet. How could Billy even listen to an offer when our team is in the middle of a Championship run?

swamp

Gator Fan
Anything is possible in College athletics these days. Remember we are now in the Nick Sabin era. I have no doubt Billy is giving 100% to the gators right now. And I'm sure he has been contacted by UK

I heard on the radio that a Wildcat publication is already saying that Billy was offered the job at Kentucky.

How can UK offer a coach a job when the season isn't even over yet. How could Billy even listen to an offer when our team is in the middle of a Championship run?

swamp

Gator Fan
Does billy want to go down as a legend. starting the Florida program from scratch and then moving to UK and rebuilding it. if he can pull that off he will go down in history. I think he is gone. :(

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
This thing is really getting out of hand considering the fact that we have the Final 4 coming up this weekend. It really pisses me off that we could potentially be cost a national championship b/c we have this stuff to distract the team. Supposedly UK has an offer that may or may not be officially on the table to Billy for 6 or 7 years at about $3.5 mil per year. Beyond that there are about 100 different rumors including Billy renting a car to drive up to Kentucky (yeah that makes a lot of sense), Billy already having his house listed in Gainesville for sale as of today (once again, that would be very smart of him), and the list goes on. I really wish this would just be put on the back-burner until after Monday night's game is over. We DO NOT need distractions right now considering how hard of a Final 4 field there is this year. I really hope Billy stays, but I would like to just be able to enjoy the fact that we are 2 games away from being repeat champs right now and then worry about this later. Kentucky is doing everything they can to make this as big of a distraction as they can and obviously they will spend anything imaginable to steal Billy away. For now though let's just enjoy the fact that we have an amazing group of basketball players (many of whom are playing their last games at UF) and an amazing coach (who hopefully is not coaching his last few games at UF).

rawdog

VIP Member
I would LOVE to see billy stay, but honestly, I see him leaving too. There's only so much you can accomplish at a school. He will probably want a new challenge and more money.

With that said. It's FINAL FOUR TIME BABY!!! Screw the Billy talk till Tuesday!!

BROHAN

Gator Fan
I saw an interview with Billy, and he said that he doesn't even get any phone calls while he is on the road so...

99G8R

Gator Fan
I would LOVE to see billy stay, but honestly, I see him leaving too. There's only so much you can accomplish at a school. He will probably want a new challenge and more money.

With that said. It's FINAL FOUR TIME BABY!!! Screw the Billy talk till Tuesday!!

Mark my words: Billy and his agent are doing this to make sure he makes TOP dollar next year at UF.
He will be the most financially secure in the long-term if he is known as a living legend wherever he coached. One more national championship and a few more SEC tourney wins and he will have that here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema