• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Biggest surprise players

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Who are some of the biggest surprise players we've had recently? Guys that came to this basketball team with little expectations from the fans, but then turned out to be great players.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I think Erving Walker will end up being a surprise player for us. He is listed at 5'9" but is probably closer to 5'6". He may be small, and because of that people will say he can't play in the SEC, but believe me, he can. He is the definition of a "zone buster". He has beyond NBA range and he hits threes at a surprising rate. He also knows how to run an offense, is tough, and despite his size, can still get to the hoop with the best of them. There is a rumor that he has dunked before. Not sure if it's true, but he is as tough as they come. He is so small and low to the ground that he gets a ton of steals. Guarding bigger players may be a problem, but he more than makes up for it with his offense and clutch plays. He's a gamer.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I think Erving Walker will end up being a surprise player for us. He is listed at 5'9" but is probably closer to 5'6". He may be small, and because of that people will say he can't play in the SEC, but believe me, he can. He is the definition of a "zone buster". He has beyond NBA range and he hits threes at a surprising rate. He also knows how to run an offense, is tough, and despite his size, can still get to the hoop with the best of them. There is a rumor that he has dunked before. Not sure if it's true, but he is as tough as they come. He is so small and low to the ground that he gets a ton of steals. Guarding bigger players may be a problem, but he more than makes up for it with his offense and clutch plays. He's a gamer.

If you would not have mentioned his name, I would've told you that paragraph was about Jai Lucas. They were saying all the same things about him last year.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
If you would not have mentioned his name, I would've told you that paragraph was about Jai Lucas. They were saying all the same things about him last year.

Erving is different. To me anyways. Jai was a well known prospect, McDonalds All-American even. Walker is a great player, but a little bit shorter and smaller than Lucas. I think Erving is the better player.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Erving is different. To me anyways. Jai was a well known prospect, McDonalds All-American even. Walker is a great player, but a little bit shorter and smaller than Lucas. I think Erving is the better player.

I hope you're right. Lucas' inability to get his own shot was befuddling to me at times last year. Calathes shoudln't have to run the point 50% of the time if we have a ball handler like Lucas on the roster. Hopefully, Jai will step his game up this season. He should be used to seeing zone by now, so he might try to create his own shots more often.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I hope you're right. Lucas' inability to get his own shot was befuddling to me at times last year. Calathes shoudln't have to run the point 50% of the time if we have a ball handler like Lucas on the roster. Hopefully, Jai will step his game up this season. He should be used to seeing zone by now, so he might try to create his own shots more often.

Little Erv will most likely instantly be our best 3 point shooter, he has incredible range on his shot. Gilbert Arenas like range and accuracy. Despite his height, he is a baller. Plays much bigger than he is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema