• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Are We All Just Blind???

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just don't know. Just don't GET it.
I was clicking around on Sling and (though lately I go out of my way to AVOID the "Paul Finebaum" show) this time I inadvertently hit that particular "screen-offering"--and found myself witnessing some guest, someone named "Vick" I neither recognize nor care about (but clearly someone Paul holds in high regard, and was lobbing his guest soft setups) for the sole purpose that HE could then easily eviscerate our Coach.
Which this "Vick"-person proceeded to do:
He just tore Billy APART for "daring to show up at his postgame press conference, after a big win over Tennessee, and wax serious, LECTURING US about the meaning-of-LIFE no less! WE DON'T WANNA HEAR THAT!!! You haven't been AROUND long enough. Leave philosophy to someone who's DONE something: You just GOT here. You're not Nick Saban...Tell us about some of your game-strategy coming in, talk about specific PLAYS that changed the GAME..."
He went on and on, Paul fanning his flames with set-up comments in between, muttering phrases like "Boring Billy?" and the like...This guy went on to disparage the whole UF program, with stuff about "when I think about all the SEC schools that have managed to hire and win with all kinds of characters while FLORIDA FLOUNDERS, Ed ORGERON for God's sake wins a Championship at LSU, who then brings in Brian Kelley, who immediately has them going again HIS first year, and Ol' Miss brings in Kiffen (the guy the Gators probably SHOULD have hired--but that's another story)..."
You get the idea here. I mean, there were some crumbs of TRUTH at the core of his mean-spirited diatribe, but it was finally about that point I switched angrily away--just a coupla minutes in "real time", but WAY past my patience-limit.
Like I say here above, at the outset: On the one hand, I don't get it. I still say he's wrong. ALL these nattering nabobs of negativity are wrong about our Coach. Bad enough we have to argue with our own fans, but at least I UNDERSTAND where they're coming from, why they are frustrated--even if it IS mostly just a short-sighted sense of entitlement and general ignorance...but these MEDIA folks aren't Gators. Do we just have to put blindfolds on and ear plugs in and TRY TO CARRY ON?
All WE care about is RESULTS--and for now, a "signature win" over a favored rival constitutes a clear sign that those are starting to arrive. NOT just the with the "WIN", but when, where and HOW it happened. We have to see them BUILD on it. This is only the beginning--as Mr. Churchill once put it, "This isn't the end. It isn't even the BEGINNING of the end...But it may well be the end of the beginning."
In the meantime, I'm DONE.
EVERYONE ELSE CAN SHUT UP AND JUST SHOVE IT.
I'm gonna do my best not to listen to the chatter "out there". SCREW THEM ALL!
(Afterthought, several minutes later...
More than ANYTHING, this just underscores what was already a deeply held dream:
I just REALLY await the eventual solid DOMINANCE that we all now are hoping the first relatively small signs of are beginning to show and grow. I don't think I have ever before CRAVED GATOR SUCCESS SO BADLY...
Call me petty, but I am really looking FORWARD to rubbing ALL their noses in KAKA.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema