• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

An Introduction

The Graygator

Gator Fan
Hello Gator Envy!

First time I've posted here but when I was surfing new Gator sites I came across this one and thought I'd register and perhaps try out a new community.

I've been in a few during my time on the internet, which officially began way back in early 1994. My first Gator board was the AOL Grandstand UF Football Message Boards and then as a member (and later a moderator), on Sean Fletcher's old TheSwamp.com site. I have been a regular on Gator Country's various sites since the mid '90's.

Recently, AOL bascially deleted their Grandstand site and so I decided to check around for another new site and hopefully, this one will offer a lot of enjoyment to me.

I have live near Tallahassee, Fl., just about 15 minutes drive from home, all of my life, so I'm a Gator "behind enemy lines".

All my FSU friends usually nick-name me "Gator 24/7" because I wear Gator gear most of the time, and win or lose, I show my Orange and Blue with pride. :punk:

I'm a former moderator of Gator Country's TGRRT site (Tallahassee Gator Rapid Response Team), which rose to near legend status in Tally because it was formed when former Tally Sports Talk Radio host Ric Ballou and former Gator Gerald Owens tried to link UF with FSU's Footlocker Scandal.

At the time, I knew a lot of people affiliated with FSU's program, and our group was also responsible for scooping all other new services on the Peter Warrick/Dillards Scandal too. Another member, Super Dave, reported about a check cashing scam at R&R Truck Rentals in Tally four years before AD McPherson was caught doing the same.

But those days are past and gone now and I've become less confrontational in my old age. :wheelchair:

I still have a few "fans" within the FSU community that follow me around the internet every once in a while trying to bait me on it too.

It's good to be famous I suppose. :rockon:

Anyway, good to be here, and I hope to have a lot of great debate here with my fellow Gator fans.

DocZaius

Gator Fan
Gray, this is kind of old, but I remember the TGRRT. I found this post by Googling for it, was wondering what happened. I know you all and Ray had a falling out back in the day that culminated in an alleged bomb threat. I was just curious how that all resolved. Thanks.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The Graygator
Well, we aren't really a "new" site, but glad you found us, nonetheless...we like to think we're a little different than most of the others--we are a hard core, live-or-die-with-our-team Gator-site where we may argue among ourselves sometimes (if you have an opinion, don't sugar-coat it: t'ain't necessary!)--but we're not really interested in "confronting" folks from other sites over here...fans of other programs are welcome to drop by and TALK , respond, etc.--but this IS a GATOR site, so our bottom line attitude is DON'T F*CK WITH US. Sounds fair, right?

(PS When it comes to Gator Football--and that IS our main "reason for being here", when all is said and done--we pride ourselves on being a good place to park yourself and cheer, reflect and/or vent on gamedays in particular, especially DURING games--Hell, that's kept some of us from losing it ENTIRELY the last couple of weeks, for example, know what I mean? Hope you'll join us, if ya get the chance...)

DocZaius

Gator Fan
The Graygator
Well, we aren't really a "new" site, but glad you found us, nonetheless...we like to think we're a little different than most of the others--we are a hard core, live-or-die-with-our-team Gator-site where we may argue among ourselves sometimes (if you have an opinion, don't sugar-coat it: t'ain't necessary!)--but we're not really interested in "confronting" folks from other sites over here...fans of other programs are welcome to drop by and TALK , respond, etc.--but this IS a GATOR site, so our bottom line attitude is DON'T F*CK WITH US. Sounds fair, right?

(PS When it comes to Gator Football--and that IS our main "reason for being here", when all is said and done--we pride ourselves on being a good place to park yourself and cheer, reflect and/or vent on gamedays in particular, especially DURING games--Hell, that's kept some of us from losing it ENTIRELY the last couple of weeks, for example, know what I mean? Hope you'll join us, if ya get the chance...)

This thread is over 3 years old.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema