• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Already the rumor mills are spinning....

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Rumor or not it's still scary stuff.....
Another factor in regards to Florida giving Kentucky permission to speak with Donovan could hinge on the availability of ex-UF assistant and current Virginia Commonwealth coach Anthony Grant. Grant is in deep discussions with Alabama in regards to the head coaching position there. A reliable source has relayed that that Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley wants assurances that Grant would be available if Donovan was to leave. It makes sense. Foley said after the fact that Grant was his first and only choice when Donovan left briefly for the Orlando Magic less than two years ago.
Some other factors:
-- Donovan's eldest son, Billy, is in his junior year at St. Francis High in Gainesville. Would Donovan want to uproot his family before his son's senior year?
-- How would Donovan feel about playing/recruiting against his mentor, Louisville coach Rick Pitino, every year? A reliable source has told me that Pitino is trying to talk Donovan out of the move.
-- A reliable athletic department source told me Thursday afternoon that the story at this point has been driven by "media speculation" and that Donovan is currently in the state of Florida.

If it ever did turn out to be true, I'd want Anthony Grant in to succeed Billy D before another team poached him away from VCU.

I agree Foley better do whatever he can to get Grant in here if Billy leaves.
Billy is not going to leave. Foley and anyone who has a say in Gainesville will do anything to keep Billy D in town.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
When Billy returned to UF after his stint with the Magic, I thought he would be her for another 10+ years. However, with the lack of success he's having right now... I get the feeling that he's not having fun, and may be ready for new scenery after all.

Going to Kentucky would be like a dagger in the heart of Gator basketball fans, but I can see it happening. I doubt he would uproot his family with his son being a Junior in school... he would just live away from them for a year.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
The Billy D to Kentucky rumor starts to churn after every other season. He's turned them down before and I believe he'll turn them down again.

If the NBA can't pry Billy D away from us, I don't see how Kentucky will.

Two Bits, you say the lack of success will convince him to leave. I must ask, what kind of success has Kentucky been having lately?

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
The Billy D to Kentucky rumor starts to churn after every other season. He's turned them down before and I believe he'll turn them down again.

If the NBA can't pry Billy D away from us, I don't see how Kentucky will.

Two Bits, you say the lack of success will convince him to leave. I must ask, what kind of success has Kentucky been having lately?

I agree with everything lol

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
ESPN just broke the news that Gillispie is fired; now it's wait-and-see as far as what happens further, fellow Gators.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema