• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Alex Tyus Going Pro?

sammy

VIP Member
I actually thought we would return everyone except Werner, but it looks like Alex Tyus might be going pro. He submitted his name to the NBA Draft, but has yet to sign with an agent. That means he can still back out and play at Florida next year. I really don't think he's NBA ready yet - hopefully he returns.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I think it would be best for him to return, and I hope thats what he plans to do. By submitting his name I think he is just curious as to what his stock is so he knows where he needs to improve over the next year.

rawdog

VIP Member
Saw on twitter that Tyus has until May 8 to make a firm commitment to enter or remove himself from the 2010 NBA Draft. What do you think he will do? There's no way he'll be a first round pick.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Ya I've looked at a handful of mock drafts and he is nowhere to be found. If he decides to go pro, he might not get drafted and then will have to go to Europe for a few years. If he comes back, he can work on his skills and dominate the SEC as a senior.

tngator15

Gator Fan
I actually thought we would return everyone except Werner, but it looks like Alex Tyus might be going pro. He submitted his name to the NBA Draft, but has yet to sign with an agent. That means he can still back out and play at Florida next year. I really don't think he's NBA ready yet - hopefully he returns.

Alex isn't ready for the NBA. I talked with him after our game at Tennessee this past season and he loves being a Gator. I will be shocked if he leaves.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
OGGOA has a good article about Tyus' dilemma: http://www.onlygators.com/05/06/2010/will-he-stay-or-will-he-go-tyus-nears-decision/

(On a side note, the Orlando Slantinel really makes me want to hurl. Now that punk Fowler is trying to stir up trouble with the basketball program, based on the link to an interview Fowler had with Tyus' dad. Is it even possible for those hacks at that fishwrap to write one freaking article about Gator sports without trying to stir up controversy? Sheesh!)

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Alex Tyus is not a 3. I know thats where he wants to play, and thats where Donovan puts him so he doesn't leave, but the fact his he has some of th best post moves on the team. He isn't quick enough for the 3, and he doesn't have that great of an outside game (although it did improve over this past year).

It would be silly for him to leave. We are only going to be better this next year. And although we will have more talent in the frontcourt, he is still one of the better players, and since we are not too deep in the backcourt, he will see time at the 3. And if we are going to be better this next year, we will have more national exposure, which will help his draft stock.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema