• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

68 Team Tourney

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Looks like the NCAA Tourney is expanding to 68 teams. I'd rather still have 64, but it's better than 96!

The three-team expansion is much more modest than 80- and 96-team proposals the NCAA outlined just a few weeks ago at the Final Four. The move coincides with the new, 14-year broadcasting arrangement that interim NCAA president Jim Isch said will provide an average of $740 million to its conferences and schools each year.

The NCAA badly wanted every tourney game broadcast live.

"It was a goal from the very, very beginning, and I believe it's what our memberships want and it's what our fans want across the country," Isch said. "I think without question, it was one of the driving factors in our position and why CBS and Turner make such great partners."

The NCAA said the Division I Men's Basketball Committee unanimously passed the proposal and it will be reviewed by the Board of Directors next Thursday.

"We are very comfortable with 68, that's what the deal is based on and it meets all our financial needs and programming needs," said Sean McManus, president of CBS News and Sports.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
If they want every game televised they need to get with ESPN/ABC. Almost all basic cable providers have ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2. Thats three networks with basic coverage. But you also have ESPN U or ESPN Classic with more extensive packages.

And I assume the expansion just means there is a play-in game in each bracket now?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema