• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2023 NFL Draft Announcements

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sure. Right. Best of luck.
Moving on...
(See my latest post on "2022 Transfer Portal" thread...)

Last edited:

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Sucks to see Richardson go though don't know if I blame him despite his accuracy issues.
I figured he would leave for the NFL as soon as possible, even if he had mixed results from the NFL talent evaluation. On3 has details behind a paywall, but I hear that the NFL said he had NFL talent but would be a 2-year project just like Josh Allen. Others reportedly said his measurables will compensate for inconsistency. It would be nice to hear exactly what scouts said. Anyone who says they have the exact verbiage of the report is lying, but On3 might have the report closest to the truth.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
He will absolutely dazzle them at the Combine...He KNEW that. I expect even his accuracy concerns will mainly disappear in that controlled environment--playing against AIR.
For US, the question now becomes, "How will Coach Napier proceed?"
An interesting one it is, too--and one he has been contemplating and presumably planning for for some time, right?
Does he go to the Portal? Plenty there this time. But is that the best choice? It could mess with longer-term team-building...and you expend resources for a kid you only get for a season or two--one who, no matter once HOW highly rated, left his now EX-program for a reason. Is that even the way to go? Those resources aren't endless, and there are still the regular recruiting challenges ahead--where our future likely lies.
And yet...Circumstances have presented themselves: We are in a unique situation, where we appear to have immediate need, and a changing system has presented a plethora of available possibilities.
I don't know what the right path is--but I'm not a Power Five Head Coach!
Billy foresaw this, has been developing a plan that presumably we will now begin to see fully installed.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
He will absolutely dazzle them at the Combine...He KNEW that. I expect even his accuracy concerns will mainly disappear in that controlled environment--playing against AIR.
For US, the question now becomes, "How will Coach Napier proceed?"
An interesting one it is, too--and one he has been contemplating and presumably planning for for some time, right?
Does he go to the Portal? Plenty there this time. But is that the best choice? It could mess with longer-term team-building...and you expend resources for a kid you only get for a season or two--one who, no matter once HOW highly rated, left his now EX-program for a reason. Is that even the way to go? Those resources aren't endless, and there are still the regular recruiting challenges ahead--where our future likely lies.
And yet...Circumstances have presented themselves: We are in a unique situation, where we appear to have immediate need, and a changing system has presented a plethora of available possibilities.
I don't know what the right path is--but I'm not a Power Five Head Coach!
Billy foresaw this, has been developing a plan that presumably we will now begin to see fully installed.
Of course Napier is looking at transfer QBs: https://www.gatorenvy.com/threads/transfer-portal-tracker-2022.21074/

This thread is for 2023 NFL draft entrants.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema