• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

“Good Loss”???

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
NO!
We LOST—and should NEVER forget that we messed up massively in the first half, screwed around and pretty well blew (what we DO, and SHOULD now realize was) our genuine chance to BEAT those guys at our place after all!!!
THINK about how sweet THAT would have been! Never mind “we’re getting close”—we could have “BEEN HERE NOW” in Championship Playoff terms!
Danny Kannel (of all people) is right that our fans’ celebrating this was and IS “questionable at BEST”—I mean, sure, we came INTO this one pretty well buying INTO the “low self-esteem” view of ourselves and the ongoing worship of the “forgone conclusion”/Gods of College Football myth surrounding the current Tide.
The fact that it IS Kannel, from the free-falling FSU, who had to point this all out doesn’t matter; makes it easy to disparage, but not to ignore:
We pretty well BEAT OURSELVES in that first half, or I think we might well have WON that one—and WITHOUT RICHARDSON, by the way...He’s our future, but at least now we know our “present” with Jones starting is fine, or CAN be. That is NOT why we lost yesterday.
Which brings us to the second main point our fans should be called out on:
Booing Jones was a misguided, no-class demonstration, no matter what.
If they’d booed our defense at a few crucial failures, showered Grantham with disapproval, well, I still wouldn’t like it (too easy for it to reflect on the players rather than the man responsible; It is Grantham’s training, oversight, schemes and philosophy that have a talented squad not being given it’s best chance to succeed, to DOMINATE). But I would ask that we not boo our players at ALL. We were and are down some key starters, for one thing. And every damn ONE of them wants to win, would lay it OUT THERE for the guys around them.
I trust our Head Coach, a man of honor and insight. I DON’T particularly trust Grantham’s level of competence anymore, believe he is our “weakest link”—but ultimately I DO still trust MULLEN’S deeper consideration, oversight and resulting decisions.
Regardless, any such radical change is NOT going to happen now—and well it SHOULDN’T, more I think about it.
I don’t know what will happen from here, but the scope and potential of “what CAN happen” has widened and grown considerably with the second half we witnessed in the Swamp last night:
How this TEAM reacts from here, and where it takes them, is entirely in their hands.
First, of course, they need to “GET REAL”—GET ANGRY, realize what they let get AWAY from themselves yesterday! Go out NEXT week and BEAT THE CRAP out of Tennessee.
That offense alone is more than capable of doing so. I MEAN it—and I’m pretty damn sure Coach Dan sees it that way too.
I suffered through an admittedly accelerated replay of the game, and have to say that after another slow start in a big game, our D recovered and was to a great degree responsible for taking control in the 2nd quarter; I must give credit to Grantham, his staff and players on Defense for adapting dramatically on-the-fly, leading the way and making the rest of the game’s reversals of fortune possible in the first place.
Perhaps I too am judging too quickly and harshly without all the facts readily at hand.
But the fact still remains, at the very least it may be time for Grantham and Co. to finally “get angry” THEMSELVES: After all the missed tackles and positional errors throughout not just yesterday’s but ALL THREE games so far, it is time to go back to basics and just “put hat-on-HAT”, put together a “complete game” for a change!
The time for talk is OVER.
WAY over. It is time for us ALL to take responsibility, take what is out there waiting to be SEIZED—by a TEAM finally ready to come together:
Go out and FIGHT FOR IT!
We AREN’T gonna be INVITED. No POINT in waiting for ANYTHING.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Agreed because a loss is still a loss. The only we can hope for is another crack at Bama in the SEC Championship Game (or the Gators don't lose another game the rest of this season). I don't see Bama being upset but who knows. Gators have one tough opponent in their way (maybe two, LSU at Baton Rouge).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema