• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Will Muschamp: No. 2 BCS ranking means nothing

travisduncan

Gator Fan
uspw_6638342.jpg
Jake Roth-US PRESSWIRE

By Travis Duncan
Gator Envy writer

The total transformation of the Florida Gator football program in a just a year's time has been remarkable. Give head coach Will Muschamp all the credit in the world.

This time a year ago the Gators had just lost two straight games, to Alabama and and LSU and they lost badly in each of those games.

Now to think the Gators are the No. 2 team in the country is mind-boggling.

But you have to ask, have the BCS computers seen the Gator passing game?

Probably not, but a victory over LSU gave the Gators a huge boost statistically and perception-wise.

Yet, after the LSU victory, some readers of this website commented the Gators are not yet elite. However, after six games of the 2012 season the BCS computers, coaches and human pollsters believe the Gators are the second best team in the entire country. Better than an undefeated Oregon and better than an undefeated Notre Dame.

Those same readers will probably ask, again, have you seen the Gators passing attack?

Does it exist?

In the same tone he commented regarding the premature aspirations for Mike Gillislee's Heisman campaign (hashtagged on Twitter #Gilly4Heisman), Muschamp does not want the early BCS hype.

In fact he detests it.

"It has absolutely nothing to do with anything in our season right now," said Muschamp Monday.

But coach Muschamp is not a dumb man. He knows this is a BCS capable team, and an SEC Title is not out of reach.

"We have one goal, and that’s to play South Carolina on Saturday. Really nothing matters other than playing South Carolina and preparing ourselves throughout the week. It’s a long season."

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
Not surprising, they didn't even get over hyped over the revenge ridden LSU win, they went back to the grind the next day.

One thing that has me optimistic is 'our injurys'. Now just to be clear, most our returning as expected, but what i'm referring to is the cause of them. Not sure if anyone noticed, but a lot of our recent injurys came from our 'practice'. Which was pre Vandy. To me, it says Muschamp stepped it up a notch in preperation for South Carolina.

I'd imagine that they were stopping Lattimore and limiting Clowney, either way, expect the same Defense you saw vs LSU. Blood hungry and feared.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Exactly right--and also happens to be the way this team MUST approach things the rest of the way, emotionally AND practically.
(It also happens to be literally true, from an analytical POV, interestingly enough: I won't bother to break it all down here--there are members here like E- who could slice'n'dice THAT more accurately and concisely than I could ANYWAY--but if you DO spread it out logically, look at who-plays-who and what that all ends up leading to, "alternate outcomes" leading away, then clearly this first "BCS Poll" IS "completely irrelevant", at least as far as jockeying for position in the first 2 spots--from here, ALL the teams named will decide that outcome by the results they attain (or fail to attain) on the field.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
ALSO: travisduncan THAT is an awesome pic up top here. Perhaps it is a common one others have seen already, but not I--and it has it ALL in a Swamp "Crowd-shot": a perfect "slice-of-time-and-place".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema