• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Wide receiver Adrian Coxson to transfer

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"Adrian Coxson has asked for and been granted his release from the Florida program.

A freshman WR from Baltimore, Coxson has indicated to Florida officials that he wants to play closer to home.

Coxson was a four-star prospect who was rated the No. 19 wide receiver in the nation according to Scout.com. He had 1,280 rushing yards, 11 TD's and 650 yards passing as a wildcat quarterback in his senior season."

More: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gators/content/wide-receiver-adrian-coxson-transfer?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Ftampabaycom%2Fblogs%2Fgators+%28Gator+Report+|+tampabay.com%29&utm_content=Twitter

this one hurts unlike haden

WR isnt a a position we can afford to lose guys and he was a tall mofo good for the jump ball

we really need to start recruiting a little better at WR, theres quite a few teams in the SEC with a better WR corp then us

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Yeah it hurts, but if Coxson didn't feel right being far from home, I don't blame the kid. Like Jordan Haden, he had to do what he felt was right. Some kids are more mature and can handle being away from home at a distance at that young of an age, but then again there are others who aren't ready to take that step yet.

True we can't afford to lose players at the WR position; we'll need others to start stepping up. Had Frankie Hammond not been so stupid, he'd still be on scholarship. I just hope Carl Moore and Andre Debose stay healthy the rest of the season, knowing they're returning from having been injured last year.

and TJ Lawrence is gone

dunkley, dunbar, patton, clark, and the rest of the freshmen are gonna need to jump on this and step up these next few weeks and impress meyer and azzanni got to get em ready

all these guys got alot of talent we just need to get it out of them early. they say WR is the easisst position to get adjusted to fast too so thats good news

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I'm not worried. This is how college football is every year. It just so happens that nowadays we have more visibility into this kind of thing. Sure, we are scrutinizing extra hard this year because we are re-loading, but keep in mind that statistically and historically we should be prepared for a down-year. Let's just hope that a down-year is not that bad--we could be that oddball that defies logic and only loses one game. Losing a couple freshmen is not going to deter us from having a good year.

TenGator1

Gator Fan
i have read that he just couldn't take the work that was expected of him. If this weeds out the slackers... i'm all for it. I was a little taken back because the coaches were talking about how well he was doing, but then something changed. If Coxson was going to halfa$$, I don't think anyone would want him taking a place on the team. Competition on this team is at its peak....if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Wish him and Haden the best, but if your not going to give it 110%, or can't handle the challenge in practice..... better to part ways.

Just my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema