• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who is Zach Azzanni?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The Florida Gators hired a new Wide Receivers Coach on Friday- Zach Azzanni of Central Michigan. I have complete faith in Urban Meyer that he has selected a coach he believes can turn this wide receiver unit around. We knew going into 2009 that the Gator WRs were a weak spot on the team and boy were we right. With a new coach maybe some of the players can reach their potential.

Here's a quick look at Azzanni's career as a coach:

1999-2000 Wide Receivers Coach, Valparaiso

2001-02 Graduate Assistant (Offense), Bowling Green

2003-06 Wide Receivers Coach, Bowling Green

2007-09 Assistant Head Coach/Wide Receivers, Central Michigan

This isn't a hire because Azzanni is the hot the name right now. Meyer knows him and his coaching philosophy. "Zach and I worked together when I was the head coach at Bowling Green," said Meyer. "He is a tireless worker, relentless recruiter and a great teacher of fundamentals. He is also very familiar with our philosophy and will be a good fit with our players and staff."

There's no denying Central Michigan is a much smaller school and football program than Florida and other SEC teams - but Azzanni has done a great job with the talent he's had. They've won three conference titles,been to four straight bowl games and have had several 1,000 yard wide receivers.

"I've known Coach Meyer for a number of years and it will be great to be coaching with him again, "said Azzanni. "I'm excited to be joining the Florida football staff and becoming a part of the Gator nation."

Part of me thinks this hire could turn into a Offensive Coordinator position for Azzanni is several years time if he can prove to be a great asset for the WRs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema