• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Where does Florida go without Will Grier?

News Bot

News Bot
Florida quarterback Will Grier announced plans to transfer out of Gainesville yesterday, leaving the future of Florida’s quarterback position looking a bit thinner. Because he was already serving a one-year suspension, the Gators had no other choice but to ride with Treon Harris for the second half of the 2015 season, but will Harris be the guy […]
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I know there's a number of graduate transfers available.
We're gonna have to try for BOTH, far as I can see--and I expect Mac & Co. are doing just that: Going for at least 2 promising freshmen, AND now more than ever (--but I suspect this was already on their "top'o'the wishlist" with Harris display of ineptness, small brain and limited upside to end THIS season) try like HELL to bring in one of those "experienced transfers". And we gotta be more attractive than ever to such young men: it's NOT just "til Grier gets back" anymore. Take control, lead a young team in any kind of calm and e!efficient manner, and who knows?

miltongator

Gator Fan
I hear Kelvin is also leaving. I wouldn't have thought his draft status would be that high. Wonder if the dressing down he got from Coach Mac played a role.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I hear Kelvin is also leaving. I wouldn't have thought his draft status would be that high. Wonder if the dressing down he got from Coach Mac played a role.
Kelvin is avoiding the running back logjam that we will have next year with Derrick Henry and Leonard Fournette projected ahead of him. The market for running backs is down, so this is Kelvin's best shot at a better draft position.

Escambia94

We're gonna have to try for BOTH, far as I can see--and I expect Mac & Co. are doing just that: Going for at least 2 promising freshmen, AND now more than ever (--but I suspect this was already on their "top'o'the wishlist" with Harris display of ineptness, small brain and limited upside to end THIS season) try like HELL to bring in one of those "experienced transfers". And we gotta be more attractive than ever to such young men: it's NOT just "til Grier gets back" anymore. Take control, lead a young team in any kind of calm and e!efficient manner, and who knows?

Honestly, I like this clean break better. Now we have one more scholarship that we can use on another quarterback or other player. We no longer have to give practice repetitions to a player that cannot start for half the season. We no longer have to divide the season in half.

Escambia94

The way I see it, Del Rio is the projected starter. Phillips and Trask will battle for the backup role just as Harris and Grier did, and, like Harris/Grier, one of them will take a redshirt.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Honestly, I like this clean break better. Now we have one more scholarship that we can use on another quarterback or other player. We no longer have to give practice repetitions to a player that cannot start for half the season. We no longer have to divide the season in half.
Gotta say, E-, I like your approach--was starting down that road myself lately, just hadn't (consciously) gotten that far what with being in a kinda "don't evwn wanna THINK about it" funk last coupla weeks. I'm with ya now, tho'.

Escambia94

Gotta say, E-, I like your approach--was starting down that road myself lately, just hadn't (consciously) gotten that far what with being in a kinda "don't evwn wanna THINK about it" funk last coupla weeks. I'm with ya now, tho'.

Granted, Will Grier is still a talented kid who probably would have done great things at Florida. I am not as angry at him, but I am annoyed that we cannot catch a break. I would be more okay with our situation if our little sisters to the west of us were not getting away with everything.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah--and meanwhile I can't even watch our New Years Day Bowl-appearance without all that and more plaguing my mood re our team and program. I suppose I AM more angry at Grier than you are, too, tho--I get Coach Mac's stated POV, think it is both generous and pragmatic, and in the end, basically takes a realistic approach to the same essential point: That if he isn't contrite and determined to make it right, if being a Gator isn't important enough to him at this point to bring him back ready to bear down and try to "make it right", then fine, let's move on. But you're right: more "Gator bad luck"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema