• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Whats wrong with our DBs

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
They seem to playing too loose. Other than Green I dont think we can be threatened by any other wide out. Too many crossing patterns killing us right now.

mjfan23

VIP Member
Nothing is wrong with our Dbs, they are very very good. Are they playing to their best game? probably not, but ill take it. Georgia can throw the ball and has the potential to put up big numbers.

nismodrift

VIP Member
AJ Green is a hell of a receiver and Joe Cox have big play throws sometimes he did it a couple times but he only finish 2 drives wit tds the defense played fairly well as a whole, the linebackers were lights out in the passing game 4 INTs and the offense was BEAST this game we're back to the same ol' gators that were preseason favorites from what I saw!

Rhine01

Gator Fan
AJ Green is a hell of a receiver and Joe Cox have big play throws sometimes he did it a couple times but he only finish 2 drives wit tds the defense played fairly well as a whole, the linebackers were lights out in the passing game 4 INTs and the offense was BEAST this game we're back to the same ol' gators that were preseason favorites from what I saw!

Couldn't have said it better!!!

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Our DBs were fine. Sure, they weren't perfect, but both TD passes scored on us were understandable. The first one was where we had a LB (Doe?) on their TE (and Wright was helping cover Green) and the second one was just a good route and pump fake that fooled Will Hill.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I think the TD pass to White I think Black could have intercepted the pass but hey it happen. Besides it's UGA, they more talent than Miss St. and Arkansas. The only thing I worried about is will Haden and Wright stay or go to the NFL especially Haden.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I don't blame the play of any of our defensive players... the coverages we called were very loose. Plus, I think Georgia did a great job of play calling... a good mix of run and pass which kept our D guessing. But we outplayed them, and thats why we came up with the 4 ints and the win.

ShortBus

VIP Member
i don't know which game y'all were watching, but the one i was watching, our backs were blowing coverages left and right. Jenkins especially. I thought it was Moses Jenkins that had the concussion, not Janoris? just about every play in the first half they were being beat by 5 yards or so. the INT's came when they finally started causing coverage pressure.

Rhine01

Gator Fan
i don't know which game y'all were watching, but the one i was watching, our backs were blowing coverages left and right. Jenkins especially. I thought it was Moses Jenkins that had the concussion, not Janoris? just about every play in the first half they were being beat by 5 yards or so. the INT's came when they finally started causing coverage pressure.

LOL. Its football, and SEC football at that. You can't be perfect in every aspect in every game. But they played well.

ShortBus

VIP Member
LOL. Its football, and SEC football at that. You can't be perfect in every aspect in every game. But they played well.

I understand this, but for a defense that has been suffocating for the most part this season didn't seem to be wanting to play the first half.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member

I agree 100%. They seemed to be afraid of the big plays in the first half. Jenkins and Haden were blowing coverages a lot. I understand we cant play perfect all the time but this was a big game. Happy with the win and over all defensive effort.

ShortBus

VIP Member
The safeties are there to prevent the big play. hence the name 'safeties'. the backs are suppose to be covering their guy like white on rice.. there is no reason to be playing that soft, not with the safeties we have.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
The safeties are there to prevent the big play. hence the name 'safeties'. the backs are suppose to be covering their guy like white on rice.. there is no reason to be playing that soft, not with the safeties we have.

Our safeties aren't perfect and I'll cut them a little bit of slack until I see consistent mistakes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema