• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What happened to the D?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
E I agree with your logic, but I still think he will be out. I do not see us winning the SEC east unless drastic changes are made.

I do not see the Gators winning the SEC East either, which sucks, but does not suck as bad as firing a head coach when there is nobody on the market that is capable of doing a better job than Muschamp. I am on a couple Gator forums, and I have yet to see anyone name that next big hire that will fix the program.

I get it, Muschamp is a defensive genius and he was schooled by an offensive genius. There are lots of excuses that nobody wants to hear, so I will just pose the question, "If not Will Muschamp, then who?" It takes a few years of consistent coaching or some luck with hiring a rock star coach in order to make a winning team. At this point, firing Muschamp will do more bad than good unless the next Urban Meyer is hiding out there.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Do we really want a next Urban Meyer? A guy who up and leave for something bigger and better (though not saying much now these days sadly) or have a nervous breakdown, leave, and then go somewhere else. I know just because Meyer did it doesn't mean the other guy will (though I would be worry).

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Do we really want a next Urban Meyer? A guy who up and leave for something bigger and better (though not saying much now these days sadly) or have a nervous breakdown, leave, and then go somewhere else. I know just because Meyer did it doesn't mean the other guy will (though I would be worry).

You have to understand that although Urban Meyer turned out to be a carpetbagger, he was the hottest, up-and-coming coach at the time. His downfall was that he was not able to keep his core coaching staff together or replenish the staff with the same level of coaching, which is an absolute necessity at a large, high profile school like Florida.

Many Gator fans do not want another Urban Meyer, but the guy who makes the decisions, Jeremy Foley, does want the next Urban Meyer. I want the next Urban Meyer as well, but I want that guy to come as an up-and-coming coach that can grow a large, consistent coaching tree.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
To be fair, I know I know Meyer did won two titles and did recruit players who were good (Tebow, Harvin, the twins).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema