• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Well, Now we know for sure

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Guess you've all heard the news re Joker Phillips and why he was let go so suddenly last year. Though the Committee's actual ruling does not mention him specifically by name (referring to him only as "the UF Assistant Football Coach is question"), it turns out that he got flagged by our own people for a rather gross recruiting violation and was immediately suspended, the University then (in J. Foley's words) "subsequently, promptly securing his resignation"--and in so doing, it was just announced, avoided any further NCAA sanctions or penalties.
A lot could be said here, especially in response to the Foley's full statement...he sorta overdid the "relieved thankfulness"/crawling mea-culpa routine, in my view--kinda creeped me out--but it's understandable I guess, given our history of treatment in such matters.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
All I can say is "told you so". By being hard on Joker Phillips for what many consider a minor infraction, Florida escaped NCAA infractions. That reputation for compliance goes a long way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema