• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Weis noncommittal on QB starter

News Bot

News Bot
When John Brantley went down with a first-half injury against Alabama this past weekend, he was replaced under center by true freshman Jeff Driskel. After head coach Will Muschamp ruled Brantley out of the LSU game with what’s believed to be a high-ankle sprain Monday, it’s been widely expected that Driskel would start on the…
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
NEWS FLASH! (Well, "Insiders' Rumor Flash" may be closer to the truth, but still:)

I am getting this from a third-hand, sister-of-graduate-coaching-assistant type of relay, but what I am told is that Driskel's injury had WORSENED over the 48 hours after the game, swelling up and making him LESS mobile, rather than improving; The other two QBs have been getting the reps with the first team instead--and if that doesn't change by today (Wed.) he will NOT be the starter on Saturday. I suppose not surprisingly (but still interestingly), the simplified Weis play-packages will remain the same regardless, at least for this week.
"Fate" is relentless, and certainly has dealt us a strange hand here: looks like we may very well get an in-game look at Murphy, and perhaps even Brisset after all (and if the redshirt comes off Brisset NOW, all bets are off concerning who our next "quarterback-of-the-future" may be--it may have been anyway, but in that scenario, the all-out competition begins this year, this game).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema