• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

we really need to get a staff together

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That's about how I'm looking at it...next week will be a BIG one for Gators: What a way to start the year!

The Zooker

VIP Member
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions based on what Chomp said during the press conference. He said opposing things. He said we would be focused more on an NFL style offense but then stated we wouldn't change much. Granted, the spread is gaining much more ground in the NFL but the overall feeling is that the Gators don't run a prostyle offense. So either scenario can happen in my opinion. It can be college spread or prostyle or a mixture of both. Anything is possible.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
My interpretation of pro style is that we will stop using backs like Demps and look for Moody-sized backs. It also means Burton is definitely out of the equation as QB, but Brantley and Driskell will be battling it out. The Harvin-position may go away. I don't know if Reed played a conventional offense in high school, so no comment there. Our offensive linemen will be okay, but they will need to un-learn what they learned from Addazio in zone blocking. That's how I interpret MusCHOMP's statements. Also the Joker package on defense is gone, unless there is a rare occasion to bring it out.

The Zooker

VIP Member
I'm hesitant to interpret anything from Chomp's initial statement. Let's be honest. College coaches aren't the most reliable sources of information. His comments were pretty open ended. Like most, I believe he will switch more towards the prostyle offense. But in the meantime I think he plans on utilizing the talent we have. Like he said, the SEC doesn't have a five year program. You either start winning titles or you start losing your job. This makes me think he will look for somebody who can handle the transition period. We are a speed style spread offense right now. Chomp want a prostyle tough offense. There are available coordinators who can adapt. Whether they have done so in the past or not is moot. Chomp is looking for guys who show the potential to facilitate a champ. It could be anyone. And no matter who that is, I will be happy. And that's because I'm a Gator and I believe things will fall in place for us. That's what makes me a Gator.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Seriously. Get fired up. We have a chance for a new beginning. Have faith. Have faith that our new coach will do the right thing. Have faith that we will win another national title. I have a firm faith in that aspect. I have money riding on it. Damn Vegas bookies. But if I've ever been serious about a statement, I'm serious about the Gators winning another national title soon. Look at the recruiting we've had. If Chomp can put together a half ass decent staff then we can win a national title.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm with Zooker on most (just about ALL) of this--about not jumping to early conclusions and/or expecting anything in particular regarding the offense, about him putting together a staff that is flexible and ready to "win with what we got", and about the idea being to aggressively pursue and ACHIEVE another National Championship relatively soon, aiming at, say, the next 2 or 3 years. They're just a few pieces away from an amazing squad, and CHOMP & Co. WILL go after them AND know what to do with it.

Escambia94

Don't get me wrong--I'm fired up. I can't wait to see what Santa Chomp has placed under the Christmas tree, but I have always been the kid that peeks at presents. I used to analyze the volume, weight, sound, and historical data on all my presents and grade myself on how well I predicted my gifts!

Here on the forum, on my home blog, and on Facebook I just do more of the same.

SEC_Supreme

Gator Fan
I'm excited about Weis, but I'm not so sure about Quinn. Granted I don't know a whole lot about him, but Seattle was pretty pedestrian this season. Is this an attempt to bring in all NFL type personalities to sell to recruits or is Quinn going to be a good DC in college? Is Muschamp planning on running the defense, with this again pointing to Quinn being an NFL talent developer? What is the thought out there?

The Zooker

VIP Member
I think Chomp wants to call his defenses so he had to pick somebody with enough NFL credibility but also a small enough ego to where he would let Chomp have heavy oversight. Since his specialty is D Line it could also be insurance on retaining our young D Line studs since we have the early makings of a truly legendary D Line.

Escambia94

Merry Christmas, Gator Nation! We are only missing one coach. These are all good hires. I must say, the way this staff was assembled is unprecedented. I cannot recall any other program poaching someone else's coach-in-waiting plus two NFL coordinators that are in the playoffs. BOOM!

The Zooker

VIP Member
Technically Quinn isn't a coordinator but his name was being thrown around for coordinator spots in the NFL post season shake up. I'm thrilled with the hire. Apparently he has a dynamite personality just like Coach BOOM.

austingator

Gator Fan
Just wanted to say how great it feels to have confidence in our OC for the first time in a while. It's amazing the difference in caliber of coaching between Weis and Addazio. No matter what happens next year I think we can be confident in the direction our offense is heading in as long as Weis is our OC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema