• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Video: Inside Look at Gators Football Facility

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Wow. Things really have changed since the days when I was there:
With my "Honors Interdisciplinary" in Documentary Film, I did a lot of work (and spent a lot of time) in what was then mainly the film-area of that same part of the old built-up part of the stadium on the Alumni-side, adjacent to (and actually a part of--we went in the same doors and down the same hallway as) the team-area of the Athletic Department...It made sense, at the time: that was where the crews who did all the team- and RUF-film-work used as their base-of-operations--But as I say, it sure was different. Nowhere NEAR as slick, polished or luxuriously fitted out, the halls were all a dull yellowy-painted cinder-block leading to the actual Athletic Dept. offices--and even then it was generally the same except the paint-scheme WAS more "orange-and-blue-themed" in there--but that was about IT as far as letting anyone know exactly where they were. It wasn't near as "set-off" and/or obviously "controlled" then either, certainly not at anytime but on gamedays...you could walk right into that part of the facility and not be challenged as long as you walked around as if you belonged there, especially once you got to be a "known face". Being a total Gator Football fan since I was a little kid, I took advantage of that from the moment I knew where it was and had access to it: I knew my way around, and whenever I had a little spare time, before, during or after classes (our actual Practical Cinematography classes, for eg., and other stuff like Project-work all happened IN those rooms down the same hallway over there, as I say, upstairs from where the players were getting treatment and lifting weights, etc., on normal practice-days) I'd wander around , got to know the other regular staff well-enough to say "hi!" to, and generally became accepted around "Gator Central" (plus, both me and my girlfriend were given scholarship-related jobs tutoring players over the time we were there, so I would actually run into and greet players I knew THAT way, or their roommates, from time-to-time, giving me further "cred")--to the point that I was able to, on several occasions, conduct my own unofficial private tours for small groups of friends and family, when they came to visit, around the Gator Football Facility unchallenged! I doubt anyone, let alone a none-too-athletic-looking under-classman--I was lean and fit, post-military, but was a bit of a "punk"--could get away with anything like that today: the only concession I made to subterfuge was to make sure I wore an orange or blue Gator-themed shirt whenever I did it...Anyway, while we had versions of most of all the actual types-of-equipment then (insofar as it was available at that time--weights, whirlpools rooms, etc.), it was no where NEAR as thorough, well-outfitted and (as I said earlier) luxurious OR access-controlled as it is today. "Excellent, Beautiful, Impressive" were among the adjectives that kept going through my head during the video...Once again: Thanks, Travis, for bringing in these links.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema