• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Urban Meyer talks about "something missing"

The VOID????? WTF?
There's a void in our team right now, somewhere, and that's what I'm trying to figure out what it is. Whether it be energy level, whether it be chemistry, there's a little bit of a void and we've experienced that. We've always been a high-energy, up-tempo, chest-bumping, flying-around team, and I see the same thing you guys see. I don't see that. I see it from some. So there's a void somewhere in there that we have to recruit to it, develop it and coach the mess out of it.
Urban Meyer talks about "something missing" in the aftermath of another serious Gator letdown in the Swamp.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gosh i miss Tebow :(

Yeah, man. Me too.
Found myself thinking today how confident we all felt whenever he took the field. I think we all forgot /took it for granted how much that was almost all HIM. We'll have good, even GREAT Gator teams again, but we'll not see anyone like TT again.
Even in that terrible loss in Atlanta, when he cried: the rest out there never did get it...he cried for ALL of us, for all the disappointment in Gator Nation. How BIG is that?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I think it is interesting that when people talk about "the void", most Gators automatically say it is Tebow. I agree, but most of my non-Gator friends (I don't know why I keep them around) say the void is Percy Harvin.

Percy Harvin was a great Gator, but really it was Timmy Tebow that provided the magic that we are missing. Those are some large shoes to fill, but I still think we can get back to the top without necessarily finding the next Tebow. What we need is a leader with mojo. Leaders instill energy and motivate those who think they are out of energy into finding that second wind.

Yeah, I miss Tebow.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
I hope it's not a repeat performance!
mahxfahn-albums-4post-picture250-void.jpg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I think it is interesting that when people talk about "the void", most Gators automatically say it is Tebow. I agree, but most of my non-Gator friends (I don't know why I keep them around) say the void is Percy Harvin.

Percy Harvin was a great Gator, but really it was Timmy Tebow that provided the magic that we are missing. Those are some large shoes to fill, but I still think we can get back to the top without necessarily finding the next Tebow. What we need is a leader with mojo. Leaders instill energy and motivate those who think they are out of energy into finding that second wind.

Yeah, I miss Tebow.

It's interesting, isn't it? The truth is that Percy missed big games here with his various physical problems (as he has continued to do in the pros). We always missed him, but we always won (albeit not as easily for the players on the field, nor by as large a margin as we might have).
That team was LOADED with stars, on offense and defense. Your point IS the central issue here: what we had in Tebow, over and above his enormous physical skills, was an incomparable LEADER. Boy, do we need one now.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
It's interesting, isn't it? The truth is that Percy missed big games here with his various physical problems (as he has continued to do in the pros). We always missed him, but we always won (albeit not as easily for the players on the field, nor by as large a margin as we might have).
That team was LOADED with stars, on offense and defense. Your point IS the central issue here: what we had in Tebow, over and above his enormous physical skills, was an incomparable LEADER. Boy, do we need one now.

Can you hear that, Johnny Eugene Brantley the Fourth? We need a LEADER. Not just a quarterback! We have lots of quarterbacks. How about you, young Jeff Eugene Driskell? Want the job?

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
This erks me . He is just now figuring out there is a void. Come on give me a freaking break. This proves my point when I have been saying something is wrong with Meyer. The old Meyer would of figured this out a long time ago. What is going on with him? Is he blinded by friendship? The void is our offense. Our line has performed horribly. Our offense cant move the ball consistently. Addazio is in charge of both. Wile I do believe we lack any leaders that does not explain why we cant move the ball or why we cant block or why Brantley over throws receivers or throws high balls. Any one who looks at the tapes can see this. Why do we continue to use good players sparely (Debose)? In the past the old Meyer would stress " get your play makers involved". Please look at his last couple of interviews. He always says its everything but his friend Addazio. This truly sucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema