• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Urban Meyer rule?

SEC_Supreme

Gator Fan
Anyone see the post by Maurice Jones-Drew on twitter? He posted it after Cutler went out in the Bears Packers game.

"Hey I think the urban meyer rule is effect right now... When the going gets tough........QUIT.."
less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitter
Maurice Jones-Drew
Jones_Drew32

Hmmm....

xradman07

Gator Fan
Took a lot guts from a west coast has been run program player. Expected more class from him. I suppose a couple of national championships do not mean anything. But then again he has only seen them on television like most fans.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Don't take it too personally, Gator Nation. Others said the same thing about Colt McCoy after BCS NCG '09--"When the going gets tough, pull a Colt McCoy and sit out the rest of the game." Insert a new name ever couple years and we are going to see these kind of Tweets and hear the arguments twisted against the character du jour.

On a side note, I am eternally grateful to Urban for what he has done for UF and the Gator Nation. He did bail on us, but he did so after weighing the consequences with his family. Even in quitting us, there is honor in his action. Family first. I would have done the same. To me, to "pull an Urban Meyer" is to take back control if your life, your family, and your health if you can afford to financially. Otherwise, be like the rest of us and be slaves to the grind as it wears us down.

JvilleJohnny

Don't take it too personally, Gator Nation. Others said the same thing about Colt McCoy after BCS NCG '09--"When the going gets tough, pull a Colt McCoy and sit out the rest of the game." Insert a new name ever couple years and we are going to see these kind of Tweets and hear the arguments twisted against the character du jour.

On a side note, I am eternally grateful to Urban for what he has done for UF and the Gator Nation. He did bail on us, but he did so after weighing the consequences with his family. Even in quitting us, there is honor in his action. Family first. I would have done the same. To me, to "pull an Urban Meyer" is to take back control if your life, your family, and your health if you can afford to financially. Otherwise, be like the rest of us and be slaves to the grind as it wears us down.

Exactly.

But I can't believe that Mojo is that dumb. Saying something like that in a city FILLED with Gator fans. He also explained today that he wasn't taking a shot at Cutler. He was "taking a shot at Florida fans".
REEEEAL smart and professional, eh?

Look...

The Associated Press: Jones-Drew says he didn't intend shot at Cutler

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I'm sure Brandon Spikes, Jermanine Cunningham, or other Gators alum on D (especially coached by Meyer) will lay him out and last I check he didn't play in BCS bowl game. Not freaking wise especially playing in J-Ville with a big Gator following. :gun_bandana:

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
It's a free country. If MJD wants to call out the Gator Nation, then go for it as long as he is ready for the ramifications. If I had a loser MJD jersey I would burn one and start a campaign for everyone to Tweet the guy a link to videos and pics of us burning his jersey. It just turns out that MJD is not that important, so who cares? The loser is failing in his attempt to be socially relevant, other than getting a headline and some forum threads. Now, if Cutler said something like that, there would be a big backlash since he is a higher profile personality as leader of the offense and generator of headlines.

Hoosier Dad

Gator Fan
So when does Jacksonville's Football team move to LA?

MJD calling out Florida Fans? I guess he took one (or two) too many hits this past seasonto understand (remember) exactly where he plays football home games! I'm so glad that the Colts kept them out of the playoffs again!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It struck me as just WEIRD all around--his follow-up "clarification" only deepened the mud hole he put himself in--not really sure where he was going with all of this (MJD seems to think he was trying to be funny--WRONG!), only that it's one more example of the dangers, the possible "negative ramifications" of putting every thought that goes through your head out there via these "social networks".
What's that old piece of home-spun wisdom?
"Sometimes it is better to be silent and have some suspect you're a fool, than to open your mouth and confirm it for everyone."

SEC_Supreme

Gator Fan
I like how he never got around to explaining his second tweet that night. He made comments something to the effect of "All I"m saying is I had a bad knee all season and I played every game". Now that's not word for word, but if he wasn't calling out Cutler then what was that comment about? Has nothing to do with Florida or Urban Meyer?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema