• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Urban Meyer oozes confidence in QB Brantley

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"No doubt one of the major storylines for the 2010 season -- which kicks off in 65 days, incidentally -- will be the transformation of Florida from a Tim Tebow-led team to a John Brantley-quarterbacked club.

During Urban Meyer's sabbatical following the end of spring practice, de facto head coach Steve Addazio sang the praises of Brantley, saying, among other things, that the quarterback's teammates "have tremendous confidence in him." So, it should come as no surprise that Meyer -- "back" in total charge of his football program -- is pumping up a player who is unquestionably long on talent but very short on Div. 1-A experience."

More: http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/29/urban-meyer-oozes-confidence-in-brantley/

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
"I think he'll be one of the best throwers," Meyer said. "The leadership, the toughness and all those things are all to be determined. But what he's shown so far in practice and in spring ball, and from what I hear he's doing this summer, he's going to be a really, really good player for us."

I'm as excited to see Brantley play as I have been for any Gator player in a long time. I'm not sure there is one person out there that doubts his ability.

TenGator1

Gator Fan
I'm as excited to see Brantley play as I have been for any Gator player in a long time. I'm not sure there is one person out there that doubts his ability.

Go to ESPN and read the comments in the SEC section, you will find plenty of doubters. JB has all the ability in the world from what we have all read and seen. The sky is the limit if 1) he can avoid injury 2) team chemistry develops 3) a few lucky balls bounce our way.

Is it August yet??

jd_gator

Gator Fan
I think if Brantley can experience the longevity of the great Gator qb's of past he will be mentioned as maybe the best pure passer in the past 30 years. I know that is going out on a limb but I think the sky is the limit for this kid. The doubters in the SEC just fear what should become reality. JMO

preachinGator

VIP Member
My thots on John Brantley: GATOR NATION is so ready for a TEBOW CLONE. Here is a quote from Steve Spurrier. "That guy's been there for three years, Johnny Brantley, so he's well prepared. It's not like he's a freshman."

What will help Brantley is one beastly fullback in Hunter Joyer.
Here is a quote from Bob Redman. "When you don't have that bull as an option under center, then you need extra power at the point of attack. This is where signing the nation's best blocking fullback should send a message to running backs everywhere...that the Gators are as serious about running the ball as they have ever been and now, the man lining up 5-7 yards back will get the ball and all those carries.

I am not trying to say the offense is going to go to a traditional pro-set all the time, that definitely doesn't fit the bill with Urban Meyer and the type of offense he likes to run. What a fullback does with the skills of Joyer, is allow for a lot of versatility in the offense, switching easily from a pro-set to a spread formation and with hopefully little change in effectiveness."

I am so ready for this season to begin!

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
It worries me that Meyer mentioned that Brantley's leadership is a question mark. He has a huge gap to fill as a leader, and I hope he does a decent enough job.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema