• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Urban Meyer has stepped down as coach of the Florida Gators

robdog

Gator Fan
The day has finally come to say goodbye to one of the greatest coaches of the University of Florida. We have had a couple of scares in the past in regards to his health issues, but this time, it is the real deal. A report coming out of the university's athletic depart confirmed that Urban Meyer is stepping down. The school will be holding a press conference Wednesday night to announce the decision.

"I have been a Division I football coach for the last 25 years and, during that time, my primary focus has been making a difference in the lives of the young men I have been so fortunate to have coached and building championship programs," Meyer said in a statement. "At this time in my life, however, I fully grasp the sacrifices my 24/7 profession has demanded of me, and I know it is time to put my focus on my family and life away from the field.

"The decision to step down was a difficult one. But, after spending more than two decades motivating and celebrating the young men I've been so proud to coach, I relish the opportunity to cheer for my three terrific kids as they compete in their own respective sports. I know how fortunate I am to be in a position to make this choice and to have a family that is as loving and supportive as my amazing wife and children have always been. My family has shared both the commitment and the sacrifice required to coach at this level for so long and I would not have enjoyed the success I have had without their support."

It is going to be tough replacing Meyer who has brought two BCS national titles to Florida (2006 and 2008). If you are looking to say Goodbye to Meyer, you can catch him at his last game, the Outback Bowl against Penn State on January 1st in Tampa, Florida. I have a feeling the players are going to step up for the coaches last game and bring home the victory.

Attachments

• 357101127028_Florida_at_Florida_State.jpg
    357101127028_Florida_at_Florida_State.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 3,904

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Have to agree, the players will be up for this game. JoPa will have to coach his old self a hell of a game.....

G8RB8R

VIP Member
Somehow, someway, these kids are gonna find a way to win this game for Urban. Could be a real bad day for Joe Pa & his Lions.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema