• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Urban Meyer #3 coach in the country

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
So far I'm extremely impressed with Coach Meyer; after three years of Ron Zook, Meyer's restored a sense of respectability back to our football program and has our team headed back in the right direction. Sure there have been some "bumps in the road", especially after the issues he dealt with in 2007 involving player conduct, a little bit of overcomplacency after the 2006 National Championship win, false accusations about some of his recruiting tactics that the media overexaggerated and perhaps taking things for granted, but for him to take over a top-notch, BCS-calibre team, win the NC in only his 2nd year and coach a Heisman winner in his 3rd speak volumes for his ability - and IMO we could see much more to come.

Personally I'd like to see Meyer equal, or better yet even surpass, the accomplishments of Steve Spurrier back in the 90's. While I was at this year's O&B game I overheard a fan in the stands saying , "He could be here for a long time". Man, I hope he's right.

I would say #3 on the list is about right; the more we can keep winning and the more championships Meyer can help bring to Gainesville he should see his ranking go up. A successful college coaching career can be illustrated with an equilateral triangle; the three sides that translate to the responsibilities of being a skillful recruiter, gameday strategist and manager of the team as a whole need to meet at each corner and be equal in length - like Jim Tressel and Pete Carroll, Urban Meyer has that sense of balance and the ability to "wear many hats". This Gator fan for one is glad he decided to come here in December 2004, and as things turned out I still believe we made the right choice. :gator:

nismodrift

VIP Member
Without Ohio, SEC teams wouldn't have anybody to shit on in the NC.

owned, so true though, I mean Ohio State is 1-2 this decade for titles, without Ohio State, football would be less biased and no more favoring, I sware Ohio State gets favored into titles too much, we need a playoffs so this won't happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema