• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Urban Liar

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The title here says it all. I have been watching his latest in a long line of self-serving, issue clouding piles of stinking bs that has turned out to be this man's stock in trade. I could go on at length with so many other examples, going back to his days in Gainesville and the process during which he did the same thing, defending and continuing to enable the nefarious behavior of guys HE brought in, all in the service of getting him (and yes, all of us—the man KNOWS his audience, who they are and how they WANT to believe him, whatever he says) more wins, more credit and more money.
Yes, I could go on; we’re STILL paying for his antics here at UF...but frankly, I am SICK TO DEATH of all of it: It has gotten to the point where that raised-eyebrow,, “Who me?!!” false sincerity while outright offensive claims—even worse for being lies—pour from his lips actually turns my stomach. So I am DONE with it—done with HIM.
I know well the “captive audience” at OSU, the way they all become “willing participants” in his con and their own eventual victimization, really—Hey, WE’VE BEEN THERE.
Folks, it won’t end here, and it won’t end well...but the bottom line truth is, the SOONER it ends, the better for YOU, in the long run—the sooner y’all can wake up to the damage being done, begin cleaning up, UNdoing much as you can FAST as you can, as WE are FINALLY doing now under Mullens.
Maybe that’s part of why all this, watching him/listening TO him now, stresses me as much as it does.
So for myself, after this I’m moving on. I said what I said here, and now I AM FINISHED WITH URBAN LIAR. Not our problem anymore—THANK GOD.
We’ll now soon shake off the dirty, sticky crumbs of our last SEVERAL inadequate Coaches’ mistakes, flaws and wrong roads taken.
One more thing that “had to happen”, and now, finally is in the process of GETTING DONE.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I'm hoping someone beats them but with the Big Ten so far it doesn't look like it because the Michigan schools are crap this season, Wisconsin lost to BYU at home, and Penn State barely beat App State again at home. OK, maybe Penn State has a chance the suckeyes are coming to Happy Valley in two weeks. Again maybe if it was just first game struggles. The suckeyes chose a winning program over doing the right thing (aka firing the Lair or at least suspending him for a whole season). Then again, with this season who knows. Also, I hope the committee doesn't for the suckeyes in the final four like they did last time and I'm sure not many people outside of Columbus will cry foul if they do get overlooked like they did last year. Probably depends how many one-loss team and/or undefeated teams are going to be there and what those morons do in Columbus for the season. Right now, those clowns are in the playoff picture. I hope someone knocks them off. Also Lair said he never lies to the media, B---H, please.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Leakfan12,
Yeah—and why we’ll keep HEARING this crap, the wins enabling the endless flood of bs. I too HOPE for someone to crack thru the wall of lies—but fear that TCU was the last, best hope, at least for now. And you’re right about the Big 10 in general: Just as the SEC wasn’t “falling back to the pack” after all, the Big 10 is STILL “The Big and SLOW 10”, as always.
Harbaugh’s seems in truth to be the .500 Coach he’s been since his early run in that confrence his first season; Wisconsin, a supposed playoff team on most supposed experts’ preseason rankings coming in, is already looking iffy in their own conference’s race, and so on. And so on...Winning the Big 10 isn’t looking much more a claim to excellence than winning the PAC 12 this season. Among the rest, a meaningful selection of potential ultimate opponents for The Tide already seems reduced to the Big 12 (prob Oklahoma), ACC (Clemson?) and a 2nd SEC Team. Not exactly a season that adds to the arguments for expansion of the playoff from 4 teams to 8: I think that WILL happen eventually, but the direction things seem headed at the moment looks to slow the momentum that formerly appeared to be steadily gathering.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I liked Urban Meyer, at least initially. His departure set off this chain of events that led to the demise of Gator football this past decade. However, if he had stayed I fear he would have brought too much drama to Gainesville.

Initially I thought that the Gator culture of high expectations forced him to fold. Now I see that it is his personality and habitual lying that brought this upon himself. It is his personality that divided the locker room, forced coaches to leave, and wreaked havoc wherever he would go.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Imagine if Urban Meyer had stayed at Florida the entire time since 2005. Maybe he would have won the SEC a couple times, but he would have problems winning the national title while he was running off his best coaches and keeping creeps like Zach Smith.

Now imagine an alternate reality where Urban Meyer was not an asshole and Shelly Meyer was not an enabler and fellow liar. Imagine the Gators having Dan Mullen, John Hevesy, Billy Gonzalez, Charlie Strong, Greg Mattison, Dan McCarney, and Chuck Heater as coaches running the first spread/ spread-option offense and multiple defense combination in the SEC for an entire decade, but they were able to do it while getting along as coaches, not sheltering the Zach Smiths of the world, and not splitting up this coaching staff. It was the demise of this coaching staff that allowed other SEC teams to steal Florida's formula with the spread/ spread-option and multiple defense. That formula works so well that even Alabama has recently picked up RPOs on offense. If Florida could have kept that 2008 coaching staff and kept the locker room together, I would argue that Florida would have utterly dominated this past decade.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Imagine if Urban Meyer had stayed at Florida the entire time since 2005. Maybe he would have won the SEC a couple times, but he would have problems winning the national title while he was running off his best coaches and keeping creeps like Zach Smith.

Now imagine an alternate reality where Urban Meyer was not an asshole and Shelly Meyer was not an enabler and fellow liar. Imagine the Gators having Dan Mullen, John Hevesy, Billy Gonzalez, Charlie Strong, Greg Mattison, Dan McCarney, and Chuck Heater as coaches running the first spread/ spread-option offense and multiple defense combination in the SEC for an entire decade, but they were able to do it while getting along as coaches, not sheltering the Zach Smiths of the world, and not splitting up this coaching staff. It was the demise of this coaching staff that allowed other SEC teams to steal Florida's formula with the spread/ spread-option and multiple defense. That formula works so well that even Alabama has recently picked up RPOs on offense. If Florida could have kept that 2008 coaching staff and kept the locker room together, I would argue that Florida would have utterly dominated this past decade.

Honestly, I doubt they would have kept all of those coaches even if Lair wasn't an A-Hole. People get ambitions, three of the guys you listed ended up either being head coaches and still are head coaches (Mullen and Strong) and one who was but not anymore (McCarney).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Honestly, I doubt they would have kept all of those coaches even if Lair wasn't an A-Hole. People get ambitions, three of the guys you listed ended up either being head coaches and still are head coaches (Mullen and Strong) and one who was but not anymore (McCarney).
I completely agree with both insightful comments. In fact, they comprise a succinct introduction to the whole discussion of Florida, Meyer, the history of each during and since, and for both the seemingly endless repercussions of everything and everyone he interacted with (and CONTINUES to similarly do so), with both THOSE actions and current ones continuing themselves to expand, multiply and further complicate events.
Sigh...Yes, "What might have been..." And yet, "How bad it MIGHT have gotten, how deep a hole dug for us--if even possible not to have torn itself apart in the first place long before now...". This guy wins--but he also just 'fouls the nest' wherever he settles--a process that simultaneously begins the moment he arrives and begins his "work" there, as you refer to, E-- (barely scratching the surface of DEEP and muddied waters)-...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are fortunate to be rid of Meyer; even having to have had to weather the trials, false starts, false hopes, and frustrations of our long, slow fall-from-(lets face it, and as we NOW know, FALSE)grace, we finally I think have the RIGHT man to usher up and OUT of the place Meyer led us (admittedly, at the time willingly) into, and can only leave what baggage of regret, resentment and waste behind, embrace HOPE and enjoy the "ride" from here...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema