• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

upset alert

awebbf5

VIP Member
Just saw that Desmond Howard has us on upset alert. What a idiot, being from Kentucky my family watches every game and says they will probably not win another game this year their so bad, and that we will beat them by at least 35. I watched them barely beat Western Kentucky 14- 3, and they looked awful.Keep the hate comin when we beat Alabama we will start getting some respect.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Check out the "Kentucky Prediction Time"-thread here, SP...good "tease" in your title, though: THAT'll keep folks comin' over to check it out. Really don't think there's any REAL danger of a loss, btw; that would take the kind of across-the-board collapse that I just don't see happening, not with THIS team, with these coaches. Howard is ALWAYS downgrading the Gators (last week he picked Tennessee, with Tyler Bray "pickin' that Gator secondary apart").
Now, I DID warn that if we came out flat and on our heels on the road, we might find ourselves stumbling around a bit early and get a slow start scoring-wise--but even then I predicted we'd eventually get in gear and wear them down, pulling away in the second half to an eventual 38-16 win. However, I ALSO talked about the STRENGTHS of this Head Coach and his staff, how that could work for us and, with the resulting focus and execution on the part of this team, how we COULD start scoring--and then put the peddle to the floor until the third stringers are in there by the 4th qrtr. In that event, I picked 56-7 as a final--and that "low" only because by then Muschamp and Weis would be deep into the bench, having both defensive back-ups getting work and experience in clamping down, and offensive back-ups in running out the clock.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Just because they have a Newton doesn't mean he's plays like Cam, Desmond. Hope Erin knees him in the groin for that.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I'm not going to ever overlook an opponent. But just looking at how dominant we were last year, even though we were terrible, gives me a lot of confidence going into this week. Plus UK's performance's so far have been poor.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Ya I would say it is safe to say we should win this one. I'm hoping to see a real clean game no penalties, and some longer passes in preparation for bama

mjfan23

VIP Member
Kentucky is not a good football team right now. Today is a perfect day to go out and try some new things offensively. Looking ahead is never a good thing, but UF can beat kentucky in the 1st half and spend the 2nd half implementing new stuff or at least testing the vertical ability of this team. Going into the "tough" part of our season the gators need desperately to take some of the work load off rainey.

BTW i looked today at some of raineys numbers.. Nearly 7 yards a pop running and nearly 20 yards a catch. not to shabby.

I have always said that UF needs a between the tackles runner to compliment demps and raining. Any thoughts of trey burton filling yet another role on this team and getting more carries?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm with you on that "between the tackles", downhill-running plan...and these coaches WANT to make that a part of their game, as they've implied in statements about both their planned schemes and recruiting aims down the road.
You're right about Trey Burton, though, plus (as I keep harping on) we've got Gillisley AND this FIRECRACKER of a fullback, Hunter Joyer, who gets leverage when HE hits the line, AND is an absolute beast of a blocking-back.
They even have a special name for the backfield scheme that uses all three: "Big Regular"...so this isn't just OUR idea: Weis has an extensive set of options that utilize these guys. Add to this the Wildcat, which used Burton so effectively last year--or rather, Trey Burton used IT so effectively to expose Kentucky, as he burst onto the Gator-scene with that dazzling 6-TD performance.
If you happen to check out any of the Wildcat blogs and comments on news-sites, you'll notice that the KY FANS remember: they are obsessed with "being aware of him this year" ("He won't sneak up on us THIS time", and so on). Setting aside the question of whether there was anything different they could have done ANYWAY (and how he could have "sneaked up" on them after the 2nd or 3rd TD!), gotta believe the Wildcat PLAYERS might feel the same way (no matter how their coaches may try to caution them), and Weis and Co. might very well have an idea on how to exploit that. (We've got a few hours here, fellow Gators...any ideas on how one might go about doing just that? Just a fun little exercise to pass the time...)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema