• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

UGA wants a 8-team playoff

JohnnyBGood

VIP Member
No surprise that UGA wants a playoff. They still think they're the best team in college football this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3186232

The president of the University of Georgia is calling for an eight-team playoff system for college football's top division, saying the Bowl Championship Series -- which left Georgia out of its championship game -- has become a "beauty contest largely stage-managed by the networks."

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
If enough University Presidents complain, the NCAA might be forced to do something about it.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
A playoff is a better idea than the BCS, but the question is how big should a playoff be?

4 team?
8 team?
maybe even 16 team?

However, you're always gonna have controversy. If you have an 8 team playoff, #9 will complain. If you have a 4 team playoff, #5 will complain.

Fsugatorbait

Gator Fan
No No No ...
If you have a playoff system it will take away from the regular season .. I just know it will a +1 format would be perfect I think.
UGA is just mad because they think they got left out of the championship game when they did not deserve to be in the game I am tired of them complaining its ridiculous.

Well, I am all for getting rid of the game as most teams, including UF, just added another crap team to the schedule. I know that the SEC usually has the hardest schedules out there, but I would rather change to some type of playoff instead of the the 12th game. The only reason football does not have one is strictly money. The NCAA/school AD's should not bow down to sponsors. If they do it right, they still will make a ton of money.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema