• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

UF-VU game

docvu

Gator Fan
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Gator Nation:

A close friend of mine who would be a fair example of the true meaning of the term "Gator fan" let me know that there was going to be a discussion of the UF game against Vanderbilt this evening.

It took some time for me to decide to come post here, mainly because I'm not sure what the discussion would be. In my mind, the only points of discussion would be how long Tebow should stay in the game and how Florida would actually still play football without decimating the Vanderbilt team and sending 50 people (all from Nashville) to the local hospital.

After the nightmare at West Point this year, I told the university that I would not watch another snap of 2009-2010 Vanderbilt football. A loss to Army. Really.

I watched the first portion of the UF-VU game (from under a large piece of furniture), full well expecting Tebow et al. to begin the bloodbath. Why this game is being played is almost completely beyond me. I didn't turn it off until right after the interception and following UF touchdown (start of the 2nd quarter).

I now see that with roughly 8:30 left in the 3rd quarter, the score is 13-3 (UF, of course). I'm not sure what angel of mercy descended to shield the 'Dores from the onslaught, but I'm certainly thankful.

In all seriousness, I think that the VU defense typically plays fairly well, and that it tends to be the offense that is, well, offensive. Perhaps someone walked Adams and the rest of the team down to one of the endzones at practice to show them what it looks like.

I have no misconceptions about the outcome of this game. If Vanderbilt plays well, it does so for three quarters (give or take); the end of the game, as Florida and her fans well know, is the time to go for the kill.

Just try to not kill anyone, please.

At least until the SEC championship game....

With best wishes from the Commodore Nation,

DocVU

GatorBa!t

Gator Fan
Perhaps someone walked Adams and the rest of the team down to one of the endzones at practice to show them what it looks like.

Haha that made me laugh histerically at my iPhone and everyone in the room stared at me.....this was one of the most boring games i have seen, even with a group of 65 people, for the first time in awhile i actually stopped paying attention to the game...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema