• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

UF Football ticket prices increased next season...AGAIN!

G8RB8R

VIP Member
http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20101215/ARTICLES/101219705

I reckon this means that a coke in the stadium will now be $5.00 & hot dog/popcorn will go to $7.00

GATOR FOOTBALL TICKET PRICES GOING UP

The UF athletic association board approved a $5 per game increase in ticket prices next season, with tickets for the Florida-Georgia game rising $10 if Georgia approves of the change.

(Per game price next season/number of tickets/increase in revenue)

Season: $37 / 54,500 / $1,900,000
Single game: $50 / 5,357 / $ 187,500
Student: $15 / 18,500 / $ 647,500
Georgia game: $50 / 33,614 / $ 336,140
Georgia game club: $80 / 6,886 / $ 68,860

Source: University Athletic Association

“Ticket prices are how you make money to run your program,” UF athletic director Jeremy Foley said in explaining the increase.

Gee, Jeremy, I always thought it was TV revenues that fueled the program. Imagine that!

Sooner, or later, Foley & the Athletic Association will find a way to ensure that every game of the season becomes a "pay-per-view" event and when it finally reaches that point, that is where I stop being a Gator fan.

Here's a much better idea. Why don't you just sell one season ticket for $3.1 million, and screw everyone else. You know there's got to be some knuckle-headed Bull Gator who would gladly cough up the ticket cost.

This is like being happy that the Feds have raised my taxes, again. If this were a private enterprise, like the NFL pro teams, no problem. They are in business to make a profit.

Just another ploy in the GREED game by UF. It's the principal that fires me on this. Somewhere here, one has to draw the line, and say, "enough is enough."

You know, student tickets were "free" in the past, as they were included in the Student Activity fee paid every quarter. Today, the student is paying almost as much for a ticket, as what I paid as a season ticket holder back in the 70's. Unreal.

kuz318

Gator Fan
i dont get the increase either wtf

if you dont have a sucky team people will com and buy stuff

when theres a bad economy people will buy tickets and thats it now no merchandise or food o well

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I won't lie. If I still lived in G'ville I would suck up the cost increase. I'm too far away now to watch more than one game per year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema