• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Time To Turn The Page..."

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yep, here we are.
Is there any question among us here at GE at least that the Muschamp era will be coming to an end sometime soon now, at the latest the end of the season?
Should it wait that long? Do we have much choice? Any advantage in waiting til then--or NOT waiting?
Man, this could easily turn into "Questions questions questions" after all... Who's out there? Any brilliant surprises? Even any "obvious" ones, at least for us, now?
OK, let's back up a bit, return to the first level here: How much "maybe" is LEFT re the Head Coach's ultimate fate now? Given the argument, perhaps even likelihood it can't and WON'T happen mid-season, no WAY this early and "eventually" only if the bottom falls out on our season completely from here, does that mean it ISN'T "inevitable" after all? I mean, sure, somehow everything changes and we stunningly win-out from here... Hey look, I'm not Walt Disney and this ain't Fantasyland: I'm gonna assume that isn't in the cards, and we're discussing a bumpy, up'n'down but generally dreary trip, never that good "when it counts" against rivals and/or the best of the SEC. Sorry, but I'm now as sure of that as I was of where this latest contest was headed by the time Driskel handed-off the ball, and the game, to the Tide after our D had handed it to HIM in the 2nd qrtr. I didn't need to "see" any of it, past, present OR future by then to know what was coming--and I don't believe I have to now. We're gonna have trouble with Tennessee; doubt we carve out too many victories among the rest of the League OR the Noles. A winning-record might be doable, but not much more than that.
This has got to be assessed a TEAM-wide expression of mistake-riddled mediocrity. Between us, we have repeatedly identified the damning evidence: Ill-prepared, out-coached, poor-adjustment between 1st and 2nd halves. and so on. Am I wrong? Who sees some eventual "reassertion of discipline and control" and "even a good win or two" enough to refute what we have now seen with our own eyes? (Even me: I just watched a fast-forwarded streaming replay of most of the game on my phone while drinking alone in a quiet corner booth of a dark hotel bar--I feel dirty; gonna go shower, watch an action movie or something, then maybe call and talk to my girlfriend for a while, hope I can just crash after that).
So, two main areas for theory and discussion:
(1) The if, when and how of "making the change(s)" (that "s" added 'cause there IS the smaller-but-nonetheless important "change" at QB screaming to be addressed as well now), and
(2) Who might it BE? (HC, not QB, of course...I mean, were it my call, we'd be playing Harris as starter and bringing in MAYBE Grier as his eventual back-up, unless it is thought that the latter will likely fill out with time, might be the next TRUE run/pass-threat QB AFTER Harris if/when he does, start a kind of eventual assembly-line of great QBs, in which case NOT play him if poss, let Driskel continue as back-up/mop-up--I'm told that was/is Ropers hope/plan regardless, Treon backing Driskel the plan of course coming in, seeing if they could keep Grier under the "play-time-limit" and redshirt him, hoping he'll blossom later, but that clearly Harris was/is closer NOW...Btw, that same "source" says Hargraves, though he returned to limited play, "wasn't the same", has some "deep bruising and possibly worse", will have to see when they get home and back over to Shands' Drs and imaging)
Have at it, Gators. Give it all some thought if you have to and get back to me here.
(Actually, I'm kinda interested in your angry, disappointed or whatever, "shoot-from-the-hip" responses RIGHT HERE AND NOW--but more measured, responsibly-considered and expressed views are also welcome, I suppose. grumble grumble)

awebbf5

VIP Member
Fire muschamp bring back Mullen tell JD to go play baseball and we play treon. Any gator fan that is happy we competed and kept it close for a while does not want the program in the right direction. Alabama is not the number two team in the nation noteven second best in the west and they rolled us. Time to get back to being feared and with muschamp at the helm it won't happen. Firemuschamp.com. Tired of being a mediocre team ,we are the University of Florida we should be feared!!!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mullen seems to be a possibility, and not just 'cause more than one here (and a host of commenters on other sites) are quick to throw his name out there: "in the mold", and a possible "natural RE-Gator"...but Petersen intrigues me. Problem is, bit more of a gamble, a la Muschamp before him--but in my view more a shot at a big time "WIN" if called. He was MY 1st -choice last time, has done nothing to change that, is even more experienced and less a "bit of a shot" because of it. And as I say, he just catches my attention and confidence in what he could do, would do here with what's here--and access to so much more. But we could certainly do worse than Mullen: More I see, more I think he was a bigger factor in MEYER'S success here in the first place, seizing what we had and building for more ('Course, again: TT looks like a bigger and bigger "difference maker" as a Gator than even we all who loved him thought he was at the time, too...). Those Q's about QB, what we've got and what we need, WRs and recruiting in general a big sub-question to this whole discussion.
The whole "Next!" thing being centrally about the HC is the key, though. Other candidates? What about the whole "if when and how" thing?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I'm not ready to give up on the season yet. I think the SEC East is ripe for the taking especially after Mizzo lost to Indiana (of all teams). The OBC's team got lit up by Texas A&M and UGA lost to his guys. They do have bye weeks against UT and UGA. I do worry about the games against LSU though their not as strong as they have in the pervious seasons, UGA despite the bye, and well those other guys unless Infamous Jameis gets himself kicked out and/or suspended and even then I'm not too confident about that game.

miltongator

Gator Fan
And this from Joe Nassar:

"I hate Will Muschamp. I don’t know what it is about his face, but I want to deliver a solid blow right in his suck hole. This isn’t bandwagon hatred, mind you. I was sitting in Buffalo Wild Wings having a delicious meal with my family when his hiring scrolled across the ticker on ESPN and I yelled out some adult language. I got dirty looks from other tables, and at Buffalo Wild Wings getting pointed glares is a splendid yet concerning achievement.
When the only person in the entire state of Florida that seems to lack more common sense than you is Jameis Winston, its soul searching time. It took exactly ONE minute into the Alabama/Florida game for me to realize that yet again Muschamp didn’t have his team properly prepared for a game. Apparently Lane Kiffin watched the footage of the Florida secondary getting torched by Kentucky. Will Muschamp must have fast-forwarded those parts in film session. One play and 87 yards later Kenyan Drake was celebrating in the end zone.

Muschamp continues to rack up records at Florida, only not the ones you want, as The Gators surrendered the most yards ever in school history to Alabama on Saturday. Promises have been made that this team will get better yet it’s gotten progressively worse over the last 16 games played.

It’s not going to get easier these next few weeks. Tennessee is better and on the road. LSU and Missouri may be in a discovery phase, but they’re still ahead of UF. And as a friend of mine so eloquently stated, I’ll bet my two thumbs that Florida loses to Georgia.

Right now it’s looking like another 4-win season for The Gators. Injuries were the excuse last year, and without that to turn to this campaign I just don’t know how Jeremy Foley allows him to keep his job. If that happens, the next big question out there is “who’s next?”

The cynic in me says anyone can do a better job than Muschamp. Bring in Larry Coker from UTSA. He has a national championship and has done more with The Roadrunners and a brand new program in the same four years that Will E. Coyote has been dropping anvils on his head at UF.

Wheel Buddy Ryan out there to coach the team. Unlike Muschamp, he is a true defensive genius and would punch anyone in the larynx who ever tried to suggest Jeff Driskel is a good quarterback.

How about Bobby Petrino?I’d give him a slew of 25-year old mistresses and all of the motorcycles he wanted to crash if he could give me a QB that averages more than 6.1 yards per lob.

The realist in me, however, thinks there’s some legitimate talent out there to call on that could make a huge difference at Florida. Dana Holgerson, Dan Mullen and Kyle Whittingham all have HC experience and would be a welcome change. But as I mentioned, I’m at a point where I’ll take anyone other than the man roaming the sidelines at Florida Field that makes me want to burn my jorts and rip up my diploma."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema