• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Three emerge at wide receiver

News Bot

News Bot
Even though it’s still very early in preseason camp, Florida coach Will Muschamp and his offensive coaches have already been able to identify the Gators’ top three wide receivers.
They are senior Deonte Thompson, redshirt freshman Quinton Dunbar and junior Frankie Hammond.
Muschamp has also identified his best all-around receiver. That would be Hammond.
“Frankie has been our most consistent receiver,” Muschamp said. “Quinton and Deonte have been our most vertical threats down the field, big-play receivers, more of our vertical guys. Frankie consistently has been our best receiver as far as catching the ball, finishing plays, blocking, all-around receiver play.
“Deonte and Quinton have been more of our vertical guys who have created some more explosive players for our offense. Those would be the top three guys right now.”
At the moment, though, Brantley still does not have a No. 1 go-to guy, although Hammond, Dunbar and Thompson are all strong candidates heading into the season.
Dunbar was the surprise of the spring with his ability to stretch the field and make plays down field.
“That definitely boosted my confidence with him,” Brantley said. “He can run any route, catch any ball. We’re hoping for big things out of him, and I think he will be able to prevail this fall.”
The Gators have found three playmakers at wide receiver. Now the search is on for more in camp.
“We need to develop more playmakers at the wide-out position,” Muschamp said. “We’ve got to get guys more consistently making plays in space and big plays on the field for us in the passing game besides the guys we kind of felt came through in the spring.”

Source: GatorSports.com - Robbie's Playbook

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I would have expected Omarius Hines to be one of the names. Maybe he is considered a TE or that new position F-back or whatever they are calling it?

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
One of the comments on the article also mentions the name Andre Debose. There's no question that he is a WR, so it is more concerning that his name is not mentioned as a top 3 WR.

Hammond is a good WR but is small, Thompson can be good and can be bad, but we haven't seen much of Quinton Dunbar. He is slim, but is 6'3" and we for sure need the height at WR. I've only heard good things about him so far. A lot of people saying he has great potential, especially if he can fill out his frame.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema