• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Thoughts of the Spring Game

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I thought Moody and Rainey looked good and also Carlos Dunlap (four sacks). Tebow did OK (well good considering he was under the weather). Newton really needs to improve otherwise he'll be the number three QB. Also, is it me or did Erin Andrews dress like a Disney character though she still looked great?

sbq80

VIP Member
I thought Moody and Rainey looked good and also Carlos Dunlap (four sacks). Tebow did OK (well good considering he was under the weather). Newton really needs to improve otherwise he'll be the number three QB. Also, is it me or did Erin Andrews dress like a Disney character though she still looked great?

I said last season (in a forum thread somewhere) Rainey is the future for UF. He is the perfect person for Meyers spread "O"
He could be a ligitmate heisman candidate (winner) someday.

Brantley will be & should be the #2 QB. I think he is a better QB than Newton.

Moody will be nice for UF & that looked to be a TD not a fumble :)

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I said last season (in a forum thread somewhere) Rainey is the future for UF. He is the perfect person for Meyers spread "O"
He could be a ligitmate heisman candidate (winner) someday.

Brantley will be & should be the #2 QB. I think he is a better QB than Newton.

Moody will be nice for UF & that looked to be a TD not a fumble :)

Trust me that was a fumble not a TD because he didn't crossed the plain in the air but he did get a touchdown later on, just remember is the Spring game not the regular season.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
You couldn't have asked for a nicer day for a football game, and for me it was a nice break form Orlando. I sat behind the band on the Orange side and right on the 50-yard line; in the bleachers above me were reserve linebacker Chris Pintado's relatives up from Miami that day.

Tim Tebow showed he was a trouper going out there with a fever and getting over the flu; he did make a couple of mistakes with those turnovers but he showed that he can be an effective passer behind the line and rolling out of the pocket. Cam Newton did well on the option play and QB-keepers but had an off passing day, which was too bad for Deonte Thompson who seemed tobe his top go-to guy.

Thompson will only get better with more gametime experience, and he did bring in some underneath passes. Riley Cooper gave me a scare in the first half when he was shaken up after that one pass that was broken up in double coverage, but he did come back into the game and hooked up with Tebow for some plays. We were depleted with having Louis Murphy, Percy Harvin and Cornelius Ingram out with injuries, but they should be ready to go this fall.

I was impressed with our running game; we now have a decent setback corps. Kestahn Moore played the first quarter and broke out with a nice 11-yard rush; he also lined up at the TE slot but was more of a blocker and didn't get any passes thrown his way. He's emerging as a leader, and I liked how he was interacting with the guys on his sideline and leading everybody out of the tunnel. He's a quiet type, but he's a leader. Emmanuel Moody looked promising, but that one fumble at the 1 ruined his day. Chris Rainey was very impressive on the Blue side and has a bright future at Florida - he and Moody are underclassmen and could provide that power in the backfield that we've been missing for too long. I think the coaching change here bringing in Kevin Carter from Vandy is starting to make a difference.

Defensively we are looking a LOT better than last year. More blitzes, pass rushing and better pressure on the QB, much improved play form the secondary, especially at cornerback - Jacques Rickerson and Wondy Pierre-Louis stood out as far as I could see and Ahmad Black had a nice play in that one turnover. I saw effective double coverage in breaking up passes and covering receivers and much better tacking than last year. Good move by Meyer to put Matt Patchan on the D-line as well; Carlos Dunlap was the one who stood out here, though. Good work from our linebackers as well; I've always liked Dustin Doe since he started getting playing time in the rotation and he's been a playmaker. Keep our guys healthy, get Torrey Davis to boost his grades and we should be in good shape here. Effective coaching changes here could be one of the reasons why with Dan McCarney coaching the D-line and Vance Bedford working with our cornerbacks.

Chas Henry had a nice punt, and I hope he has a decent sophomore season. I like what I see form Caleb Sturgis; he's likely to win the placekicking slot this fall and if Jonathan Phillips is used it'll likely be on kickoffs.

In spite of all the injuries we had a decent spring, and we should look strong heading into this fall.

GO GATORS!!!!!!

I thought the weather was mediocre. It was slightly breezy with a 15% chance of rain. Tebow said he liked spring and he likes games, so I mean he must like Spring Games. Tebow will probably be the starting quarterback, since he turned eyes last year. This year, Tebow will become a household name. I see him winning the Heisman in his senior year if hes lucky. :eek:sama:

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
One thing I forgot to mention before was the fact that heading into this fall we probably have one of the best tight end depth charts in all of college football. Tate Casey is back after being injured last season, and even though he didn't play yesterday I'm glad CI stayed on another year - I hope that he'll be able to boost his draft stock since he's a senior. Aaron Hernandez, even though he's only a sophomore, is the brightest star of the three. He came to UF as a 5-star recruit and has lived up to his rating as far as I could see. He did have some impressive plays yesterday, and I expect him to do a lot more this fall.

sbq80

VIP Member
One thing I forgot to mention before was the fact that heading into this fall we probably have one of the best tight end depth charts in all of college football. Tate Casey is back after being injured last season, and even though he didn't play yesterday I'm glad CI stayed on another year - I hope that he'll be able to boost his draft stock since he's a senior. Aaron Hernandez, even though he's only a sophomore, is the brightest star of the three. He came to UF as a 5-star recruit and has lived up to his rating as far as I could see. He did have some impressive plays yesterday, and I expect him to do a lot more this fall.

Lets hope Meyer uses them.
I agree with what you said about Hernandez.

sbq80

VIP Member
Trust me that was a fumble not a TD because he didn't crossed the plain in the air but he did get a touchdown later on, just remember is the Spring game not the regular season.

Why am I supposed to remember that was a Spring Game?

Tigers1996

Gator Fan
Overall the spring game brought to light some promising young talent that very well may compete for starting jobs. Rainey and Moody look to unseat Moore in the backfield. Moody however must eliminate the showboating and fumbles to be effective. Carlos Dunlap looks like a DE that was here a few years ago.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Tebow - He didn't have the best spring game last year, plus he was sick. I'm not worried

Harvin - Needs to stop breaking! It would have been nice to see him make some plays. But we did find that we have another playmaker like Harvin in...

Rainey - He is the next Harvin. That was one of the sweetest jukes i have ever seen! (the one on his TD catch)

Moody - pretty good performance. I think some people are being to hard on him for the TD/Fumble.

Mon Williams - That was a pretty powerful run he had in the redzone!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema