• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

this is ridiculous.

castawaygator

VIP Member
man was that some ugly sloppy playing. I am just happy for the win.

UM better put some glue on everyone's hands so they stop all the fumbles/turnovers.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Well bye-bye number one ranking because I doubt the Gators will stay have it with that game. Bama will be number one until they lose or they face them in the SEC title game. At least they won unlike VT and Zook whose 1-5 and Charlie Strong needs a big raise (and/or sorry to said a head coaching job). Just hope they fixed this because Dan Mullen knows the offense and will used that to his team's advantage though same can be said about the defense because they practice with the offense which has the same system. It could be worse, the Sooners at 3-3 suck.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
This was an embarrassing game. Our offense needs to step up... both running and passing game... way too many sacks and pressure on Tebow... it would have been a very different game without the fumbles. But our The D played good, even without Spikes, but gave up some big plays with missed tackles and poor coverage. Sturgis missed that first field goal but came in clutch with the 51 yarder and then the game winner.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
All the top 5 teams looked sloppy in their wins. 4 turnovers for Bama and Florida, 3 for Texas. I take back my complaints against our win.

cpb

Gator Fan
Unbelievable

We got amazingly lucky last night! We should have lost that game to a much better prepared team than we were. Fortunately we were able to put 13 players on the field for our final touchdown drive rather than the 11 that that Hogs had out there. I could not believe the pass interference call (that is where we had our 12th player out there) nor the unnecessary roughness (our 13th!).

Escambia94

We got amazingly lucky last night! We should have lost that game to a much better prepared team than we were. Fortunately we were able to put 13 players on the field for our final touchdown drive rather than the 11 that that Hogs had out there. I could not believe the pass interference call (that is where we had our 12th player out there) nor the unnecessary roughness (our 13th!).

Calls that are for or against your team are part of the game. I won't complain there, since I have seen us get helped and burned by the officiating over the years. We were definitely lucky, but that is also part of the game. All that matters is the "W". The coaches for the most part get paid and keep their jobs based on Ws and not much else. Teams for the most part get bowl invitations based on Ws as well (Notre Dame is one counter-example). I'll take the W.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I'm really disappointed with our offensive line. Tebow was not given enough time in the pocket, pure and simple. Several times he was flushed out and had to scramble even though there was a wide open receiver downfield.

And yes, Arkansas's front 4 deserves credit as well...they did a great job pressuring Tebow.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
our o line needs some serious work. dunno what pissed me off more, the 4 fumbles or the crappy o line..

Agreed especially if Tebow gets hit over and over. If Kentucky prove anything is it takes one hit. If the O-line doesn't prove, tebow could have another concussion.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Oh, ye of little faith......

In spite of the defensive miscues (Janoris Jenkins, in particular) and the fumbles, we managed to stay together as a team, grab control of the clock, and win by a FG in the end.

God helps those who help themselves; tough teams and smart coaches always find a way to win.

Wasn't a pretty win, but it was a "W" and that's what really counts.

Escambia94

Oh, ye of little faith......

In spite of the defensive miscues (Janoris Jenkins, in particular) and the fumbles, we managed to stay together as a team, grab control of the clock, and win by a FG in the end.

God helps those who help themselves; tough teams and smart coaches always find a way to win.

Wasn't a pretty win, but it was a "W" and that's what really counts.

I'll buy that. With the way our offense has been playing, God must be the offensive MVP. We are a tough team with smart coaches. If only the coaches would listen to some divine advice and quite over-using the dadgum dive play!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema