• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

This is a case of I told you so. Tim Tebow is a System quarterback

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Tebow's not perfect, so that automatically means he's a system QB.

:rolleyes:

I've never thought of him being perfect, but I don't expect him to make so many mistakes. As long as he learns from them, that's cool.

I still think Tebow is a great QB and wouldn't take any another.

gogators9606

Gator Fan
I dont think he is a system QB I just think he runs a system that has been figured out in the SEC. It was new last year and worked great, now team have a whole year of film to study and team are stoping the spread option, plus we are missing a key factor with the spread.... We are not going deep
enough.....to back the safties up. Urban needs to tweek the play calling a little and we will be fine.....

Go Gators

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
Of course Tebow is a system quarterback. He is currently a Gator System quarterback as this is where he plays.

I would bet that you could put Tebow on any team in the nation and he would start and be successful. He would become a system quarterback on those teams as well.

It really is foolish to say that Tebow is a system quarterback and say this as if it were a bad thing. Every quarterback, running back, receiver, tight end, and lineman are ALL SYSTEM PLAYERS.

Just Silly!

GO GATORS!!!!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
No. He, like many other Gator quarterbacks, would not be a good NFL quarterback. This is especially true of Tebow--he's too nice of a guy to be in the NFL. He won't make it in the NFL until he gets a tattoo, starts smoking marijuana, gets into steroids, and maybe fathers 3 kids from 3 different women.

DocZaius

Gator Fan
I was looking up some stuff about Tebow and I found the following page:

http://nationofislamsportsblog.blogspot.com/2007/11/tim-tebow-system-qb-systemic-heisman.html

Nation of Islam SportsBlog said:
Tim Tebow: System QB = Systemic Heisman

Tim Tebow.

Long applauded by the media as a front runner for the Heisman. Now, after the unfortunate (and clearly medically ill advised) decision by Oregon's Mike Bellotti to play Dennis Dixon, the probable winner.

Tim Tebow.

White America's desperate attempt to win back the QB position.

Over the past few years, as we have watched Negro QB's win the Heisman, the National Championship and be top draft picks, the white QB has taken a back seat as a bland and unappealing option behind center. Drop back. Read the defense. Throw to a probably Negro receiver. Or, simply hand off to a Negro running back. Not a whole lot of excitement or fan interest generated on behalf of the pale faced 5 step drop.

This season, we witnessed the brilliance of Andre Woodson, Dennis Dixon and Patrick White, clearly displaying the evolution of the position.

Dixon was in position to lead his Ducks to a BCS title birth. White now is in that position.

And that creates a difficult and upsetting scenario for the mainstream media and their need to pump up the precious white QB.

Unfortunately, early on in the season, the media put their chips on the wrong man.

Tebow was the big name on the returning National Champion. Clearly, he was a logical choice to trumpet as a front runner from day one. Certainly, in the media's infinite wisdom, it seemed logical that the Gators would be a tough team and playing at the top of the SEC would give them the chance to mention Tebow and Heisman in as many sentences and stories as possible. Can't really fault them for making Tebow the target of their affection.

The only problem? A guy that got little mention for the first half of the season is leading an out of nowhere team on a possible BCS title run. And he has been the better player. And he isn't a system QB.

That's right.

Chase Daniels of Missouri should be the man the media is touting. Should be, that is, if we choose to discount that Dennis Dixon hasn't already shown us enough to stake his claim as the best player in the land.

Tebow is a fine player. A good player.

However, let's call it like it is. If we are told by the media that Colt Brennan of Hawai'i and Graham Harrell of Texas Tech must be discounted as legitimate Heisman candidates because they are 'system' QB's; then we must add Tim Tebow to that list of system QB's.

Tebow is playing in a system developed by Urban Meyer that was able to fool the NFL into making Alex Smith a number one pick. A system that was able to turn Chris Leak, who received more than his share of negative reviews, into a national champion.

If we are going to attribute Brennan's numbers to June Jones' run and shoot and Harrell's numbers to Mike Leach's offensive playbook, then let's give the credit for Tebow's astounding touchdown numbers to Urban Meyer.

And, while Meyer's system may not produce the constant records that are generated by the others, he certainly seems to have taken the least talent at QB and done the most with it.

Meyer pulled the wool over our eyes with Smith. Then he conjured a National title with the much maligned Leak.

Now, possibly his piece de resistance:

Taking a modestly talented white QB and using his system to help him perform an admirable impression of a Negro QB.

Tim Tebow, the ultimate system QB.
Posted by nation_of_islam_sportsblog

Obviously written last year. It just amused me because (1) there's a "Nation of Islam SportsBlog;" and (2) Tim Tebow is not just a product of the system, he's a Hesiman candidate because he's a WHITE product of the system.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholeJaX