• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

They need to pass more

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Seeing that the Gators rushed for 49 times and got about three yards a carry is a joke. Anybody else agrees that we need to pass more?

yes!!!

pass then open the run game

i swear they woulda been so surprised if we actually passed on 1st last week it coulda been a easy Td on a deep pass to DT or CM i dont think we did at all

The Zooker

VIP Member
Even when there's a deep route on passing plays Brantley is dumping off to the short routes. Despite what he says to the media, Brantley doesn't trust Pouncey with the snap yet. Because of this he puts too much focus on the exchange. It hinders his ability to quickly read defenses and go through his checks. His rhythm is out of whack. Addazio needs to move Pouncey back to guard and give somebody else a shot at center.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
....... Despite what he says to the media, Brantley doesn't trust Pouncey with the snap yet. Because of this he puts too much focus on the exchange. It hinders his ability to quickly read defenses and go through his checks. His rhythm is out of whack.........
So true. Everything that happens on an offensive play starts w/ the snap. If the timing is off or the QB has to be concerned with the exchange the play will not occur correctly no matter how many times it has been practiced.
All the crying going on about our offense here and elsewhere is moot because in my opinion the crux of our problems on offense is at the exchange of the snap. I applaud you for your insight........
Our offense is one that has not had a chance yet. When it does iron out this one wrinkle though it will open some eyes and close some naysayers mouths with resounding suddenness..........

sbq80

VIP Member
UF staff, knew what that were going to have when Brantley took over.
He is not Tebow or Leak.
Let him sit back and throw. Make the system fit the player, not player fit the system.
I'm not 'armchairing' any coach but man, dude has an arm and UF has athletes, lots of them, use them. To some degree become Florida of old, air it out.
I'm just saying...............

yes!!!

pass then open the run game

i swear they woulda been so surprised if we actually passed on 1st last week it coulda been a easy Td on a deep pass to DT or CM i dont think we did at all

pass on 1st & 10 every now and then and we will surprise kentucky like a mofo next week could be a 80 yd TD bomb to DT first play of the game if they went for it

GoGators01

Gator Fan
they need to use play action on first down and throw deep at least a few times a game. even if they dont complete the passes it will stretch the field vertically and wont allow defenses to stack the box.

FrozenGator

Gator Fan
they need to use play action on first down and throw deep at least a few times a game. even if they dont complete the passes it will stretch the field vertically and wont allow defenses to stack the box.
Yes, but why would anyone believe in the play action without us having established the run game?

Running the ball consistently (not overwhelmingly, just repeatedly) grinds down defensive lines, makes linebackers second-guess their coverage duties, and opens up play action pass.

Running leads to a successful passing game. I love a great passing game (CFL fan = lots of throwing) and I want to see it succeed, so I'll wait and see what happens with the schemes this coming game.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I have a better idea if we want to confuse Kentucky--let's punt on first down. It's not as if we ever score on that first possession any way. Yeah, I'm done guessing the playbook. I will just sit back and enjoy whatever happens.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I have a better idea if we want to confuse Kentucky--let's punt on first down. It's not as if we ever score on that first possession any way. Yeah, I'm done guessing the playbook. I will just sit back and enjoy whatever happens.

I just bought you another gift for this one. :)

The Zooker

VIP Member
True story: The freshman football team at my high school was so terrible on offense and so dominant on defense that the coach actually started calling for punts on first down. It gave the defense better field position and a shorter run on turnover scores. Needless to say, he didn't stay head coach for long. But he did have a legitimate strategy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema