• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Will Muschamp Top 10 List

G8RB8R

VIP Member
Top Ten Reasons I Like Will Muschamp

Untitled-4.jpg

10......No cardio problems for at least 10 years!

9.......He knows that playing in a stadium named the SWAMP, is better than playing in a stadium named for dead people!

8.......It’s easier to remember your conference as the SEC, than the Big Whatever!

7.......He can start using his hands for something other than that goofy “hook ‘em horns” sign!

6.......He doesn’t have to wait anymore for Mack Brown to fall over dead to get his first head coaching position!

5.......All of his shirts will now be the REAL orange color!

4.......When the team travels, he likes being able to get off the bus first!

3.......John Brantley can unpack his bags!

2.......Steve Addazio can pack his bags!

And, the #1 best reason I like Will Muschamp is...

1.......Has no clue as to what a Notre Dame is!

:Banane48:

ATXHorns79

Gator Fan
What's wrong with Burnt Orange??? Nobody else has our color. And the Swamp..although a great stadium I would love to visit sometime...it's still about 12,000 seats smaller than DKR in Austin. Florida has only been relevant for the past several years. Texas is the 2nd most winningest program of all time behind only Michigan. I hope Muschamp does well for you guys. Everyone hates on Texas because they ain't Texas. I know that money really does equal power...cuz nobody has more than we do and everyone hates us for it...I love it! Hook 'em!

ATXHorns79

Gator Fan
Tennessee....yuck! Of all teams with all different types of orange....the Vols has got to be the worst. It's not even close to the same shade of orange. Flourecent orange is awful. When you got a 100k+ wearing the rusty burnt orange...it's a beautiful site!

G8RB8R

VIP Member
In all seriousness, I was really hoping that this year would finally allow Florida & Texas to meet for the National Championship. Would have been a great game. I don't think you will find any "Texas Haters" here. The vast majority of the Gators here confine any hatreds to f$u, scUM, & UGA. Aside from kidding you about Texas, is and has always been, one of the most outstanding of universities when it comes to college football, right there with Alabama (gawd, can't believe that slipped out!). Just about everyone measures their success by yours. And while we do not yert have the championship traditions of a Texas or Alabama, the past 25 years has seen us rise in dominance on a national scale, (starting in 1982 when we knocked off USC, and excluding the probation years 1985-88).

BTW, speaking of hating on someone...hence the name of this board. We view things thru the same glasses you do. If you ain't a Gator, you must be GATORBAIT!

Hope that you will continue to post here - I, for one, appreciate your insights.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I live in Longhorn Country, as do at least two other members of this forum I doubt you will find Longhorn haters here. I have the utmost respect for the Texas football program for winning 28 national championships since 1920. We have three since 1996. No comparison.

G8RB8R is right. All my "hatred" is reserved for that School Out West, scUM, and UGA. I don't even hate SEC opponents, other than those darn Leg Humpers out of UGA. This does not mean that I will genuflect in front of the Longhorns and worship their awesomeness, especially on a Gator forum. Most of my Gator friends have no reason to waste animosity on anyone other than the big three rivals.

I've been to DKR. My orange-tinted glasses just don't work well there. I absolutely love BHG. DKR has its fine points, but it is also in a much bigger city.

DunnellonDave

Gator Fan
I can tell you after we beat the Sooners for the Crystal I started watching one of their threads and the hate they show for Texas and Tim Tebow is unbelievable. I can understand being unhappy about loosing a big game but to have that much dislike for someone or some team just shows a lack of class to me and I love it anytime a Horn's fan gets a good jab in. They can lose 1 game and every coach on the entire staff needs to be fired. Anyways I guess I lost track here but just wanted to say I also have the utmost respect for Texas and their program.

The Zooker

VIP Member
What's wrong with Burnt Orange??? Nobody else has our color. And the Swamp..although a great stadium I would love to visit sometime...it's still about 12,000 seats smaller than DKR in Austin. Florida has only been relevant for the past several years. Texas is the 2nd most winningest program of all time behind only Michigan. I hope Muschamp does well for you guys. Everyone hates on Texas because they ain't Texas. I know that money really does equal power...cuz nobody has more than we do and everyone hates us for it...I love it! Hook 'em!

Florida has the most wins of the past twenty years. You guys can have the past. We'll take the present and future. All bantering aside though, I don't think anybody in the Gator Nation has any ill will towards Texas. We have respect for your program. At least until you guys join the SEC after the Big 10/12 collapses. Then it's on.

Escambia94

Nah. I don't want Texas in the SEC. I feel comfortable living in SEC country. I don't feel comfortable living in Texas--it's its own nation. It's different. SEC fans are all within 10 hours drive of one another. It takes 7 hours just to get from UTx to LSU. SEC teams support one another by traveling well. If the Big 11-1/2 folds, Texas will just have to resurrect the SWAC in order to get a good traveling party. Imagine driving from G'ville to Austin. That's 17 hours, plus another 12 hours sitting on 'effing traffic on I-35.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Interestingly enough, I have always found 'Horns fans' "smack" smiling and good-natured, if sometimes drenched with that "everythin's-bigger-n-better-n-Texas-SON"-attitude that I love to poke and prod sarcastically whenever I get the chance--but they generally take THAT in stride also, so how can ya hate 'em?
(NOTE: Below I will use quotes where I'm sure of the actual words that a certain person used; he said the things OUTSIDE the quotes also, but I am less certain of the way it was put at the time, so handled it in this way; the overall accuracy of the thrust and meaning of the statements I can confidently stand by.)
Now, I can't say the same for some of their local radio personalities--we've got some prime Gator-Haters with multi-watt pulpits here in Central Texas, and I already went through one "Monsoon Sound System" in my car from punching out of the settings in the middle of one of a particular individual's near-daily attacks (I guess I really "PUNCH" the settings-buttons; it isn't just a turn-of-phrase, in this case).
In keeping with this person's (I make it a habit to avoid mentioning his name, since the way this kind of guy operates, "no such thing as bad pub, just spell the name right" is his motto--he hosts the afternoon rush-time show called "The Drive") usual complete horsesh*t, today's typical rant angrily blamed (among other people and things) URBAN MEYER for the Gators having released the Will Muschamp hiring during the pre-Heisman show, having Urban somehow responsible for seeing to it that it was timed to happen in the moments leading up to the presentation BECAUSE "HE HAS ALWAYS HATED CAM NEWTON", that "he was the one to release all that stuff about his grades and his supposed cheating" and all that legal stuff that was supposed to be sealed, and "getting MSU, Mullen and his friends over there to come out with all those unproven rumors and innuendo about play for pay" and everything else, that "even if it IS all true and dirty and going to come out eventually", still it's just "sleazy and underhanded to use it all this way" just because he "couldn't stand to see him succeed after leaving HIM and his Gators", and it's the same with the Muschamp announcement, "wanting so bad to steal the spotlight, grab all the attention in Cam's shining moment" and drown it out with his BIGGER news...this guy went on for awhile, eventually moving on to his NEXT target, Will Muschamp (I guess he's getting set up to continue his hate for everything "Gator", which has been camouflaged the last couple of years by his focus on Meyer in particular--"lying", "arrogant", "phony", "dirty", "runs out-of-control-program", just a BIT of what a Gator has had to navigate here--transfering that focus now to Muschamp, starting with making his MOVE and how he DID it an issue).
The idea here is that Muschamp "could have and SHOULD have waited until after the weekend, a BIG RECRUITING WEEKEND, was over to make this announcement", that he arrogantly and ungratefully "basically gave Mack Brown the finger by doing it when and how he did", and so on.
You can see the demagogic, whip-the-mob-into-an-angry-frenzy approach with groundless accusations and an appeal to their emotions. The announcement and its timing had nothing to do with the Longhorns; it had EVERYTHING to do with the Gators and their needs. Our football program was essentially "Leaderless", at least as far as the next class of potential recruits were concerned, this was SUPPOSED to have been a "big recruiting weekend" for us too, but only 3 of an expected and planned for 23 top prospects had shown up by the time that announcement was made. You're DAMNED RIGHT we wanted to "make a splash", most of all WE wanted to get the word out to OUR potential recruits that all was well, the "engine" is hooked up, stoked and ready to roll and the train is "on-track and coming to YOUR town". Oh, and BTW, "WE" now includes Will Muschamp, and the moment that was so his concerns and loyalties were with the Gators, NOT the 'Horns. I'm sure as hell glad HE got that, even if YOU didn't, bud.
Of course, Meyer didn't have anything to do with any of that. How and when the announcement of his replacement and it's timing's effect, planned or otherwise, on Cam Newton's ascension (however temporary) to Heisman (semi-)immortality just wasn't and isn't a concern of his...or, to put it another way, I figure Urban Meyer had about as much to do with the fact of and timing in the announcement of Will Muschamp becoming the next Gator Head Coach as he did in ANY of that paranoid, all-powerful Machiavelian portrait of his dark dealings behind the scenes, controlling and advancing the whole case against Cam.
Until this weekend, Muschamp was "the indispensable man", the one Longhorn coach who was lauded and looked to for stability now and in the future. He is now being transformed into a pariah here, and can expect the above kind of tales and accusations to be attributed to HIM by the same guys who were sucking up to him last week.

G8RB8R

VIP Member
@Dru - don't you just love it when people hate on us? Certainly lets everyone know the power & scope of the Mighty Gator Nation, doesn't it?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
ABSOTIVELY POSILUTELY! In fact, I knew we had finally made it to the center of the "National Consciousness" when this sort of thing became fairly widespread.
The fact that it is all building once again, and so quickly, is a good sign as far as I'm concerned. Means we're on the right track--the one that goes right back to the top.

G8RB8R

VIP Member
ABSOTIVELY POSILUTELY! In fact, I knew we had finally made it to the center of the "National Consciousness" when this sort of thing became fairly widespread.
The fact that it is all building once again, and so quickly, is a good sign as far as I'm concerned. Means we're on the right track--the one that goes right back to the top.

Hey, you know, real Gators only come out at night! LOL Looks like I found a fellow Lator Gator! LOL

Man, if you want to see how far the Gator Nation has made it, go to my youtube page, and read the comments I get from so many Gator Haters on my Gator videos. They either hate us, or love us, there's no in between. And that is one of the things I admired so much in Steve Spurrier. He had that way of getting under an opponets skin, and into their head, before the game was even played. It was a huge psychological advantage, that still carries forward today. Especially at Tennessee, Georgia & f$u. They automatically think loss every season when they think about the game with the Gators.

It is the way it is supposed to be! LOL

Escambia94

I can't wait to go back to Texas and hear what all the Longhorn fans have been saving up for me while I have been traveling. I am surrounded by Aggies and Longhorns, since I am the only military guy in that office.

I will admit that Aggies are more tame, since their football program is not a powerhouse.

One thing I missed about Tebow is that Gator haters went a lot easier on me when he was around. When he went to the NFL, it seems everyone became a Gator hater and a Tebow hater. It was the era of good times when we had a relatively new coach that few hated yet, plus a player people could respect. My guess is that the Gator haters will settle down with MusCHOMP since he is likable, but who will be the player that Gator haters will make exceptions for?

ATXHorns79

Gator Fan
I agree with BHG stadium being in a smaller town. Although Austin is truly one of the great cities in the country, especially for college football...I do like towns where the school pretty makes up the entire town. Definitely fun at places like that. BHG in Gainesville is a place I absolutely want to go before I die. When I retire...I am going to buy a motorhome and follow college gameday every weekend to all the various destinations across college football. BHG is just one of those places that looks rowdy and fun and a must see. My parents are LSU alum so I've been to Death Valley several times...ain't nothing like it with them crazy cajuns!!! Lol! But I'm guessing the Swamp is just as insane. DKR in Austin is fun too with 101,000 and all the live music and the beautiful rolling hills and lakes there and the gazillion Tex-Mex restaurants. So much to do in Austin you could stay for a week and never run out of things to do. My sister just recently started grad school at UF so now we are a family split between Texas, LSU, UF, and Texas Tech as my wife is a Techie. College football saturdays when we're all together are a blast with all our different games going on. Glad to add a great school like Florida in that mix! Good luck with Coach Boom! Although unproven...I think he'll be solid once he gets his feet wet as HC. Too bad we lost him...but if a job is open at either Florida or Texas...you take it!!! Hook 'em!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So many things to respond to here.
@ G8RB8R: SS really WAS the perfect Gator Head Coach, for all the reasons you give--He was OUR "Evil Genius"...That's what they all called him, and MAN, I LOVED IT! You're right: we had 'em half beat before kick off.

@ E'94: You'll find a lot of mixed feelings, I think--but those are starting to solidify into anger and resentment among a certain segment up here. Hard to say if these are a majority, or just the most vocal fans, the loud-mouthed, radio-listening "Let-me-tell-YOU"-crowd.
As for who will "take the edge off" the Haters' angry anti-Gator agenda, you can pretty well expect an extended backlash that eventually settles in to the former unreasonably deep and constant resentment. I think it's back to "business as usual" in that regard. Tim Tebow was a special case, a unique individual whose like we won't see again anytime soon--and as you note, once he was given a nice big first-round NFL contract, his apparent "immunity" collapsed somehow in the "minds" of all those outsiders who had previously given him a pass he never asked for in the first place.

@ATXHorns79: I'm glad you made that distinction between the size of the two cities and the effect their sizes relative to that of the Universities has on the experience of going to school there. I have lived in both towns, obviously--in fact, I've actually lived in Austin longer than I EVER did in Gainesville: (as I've noted before in discussing Austin's redeeming features with Escambia'94) there are all kinds of things that make this a great city, the music scene, of course, Barton Springs, lots of good food in the restaurants, clubs and bars, the green belts, the Hill Country and its parks, rivers and lakes, but it always kind of drowned out the effect that the students have on setting the tone here. Except for the Drag, West Campus and (to some extent) the Hyde Park neighborhoods, they and UT itself were then and still are just "one more thing about the Capital of Texas", albeit an important part, and the team IS the city's team, the way pro-teams are in other cities. I have watched Austin grow explosively larger since I moved here, however, and it hasn't been an improvement, in my view.
The same could be said about G'ville, to be fair--though the growth has not been quite as overwhelming, it seems to me. When I went there though we students literally DOMINATED the town, which was great. At that time (the late 70's) Gainesville's population WITHOUT the University was just a shade over 30,000 (I'm told it's up around 200,000 now)--and the University undergrad enrollment was right around that number...in other words, with grad-students, instructors and assorted staff and maintenance workers,etc., UF actually MORE THAN DOUBLED the town's population when in session (and more than 1/2 left during breaks!). We RULED that town; it was HARD to get in any serious trouble, long as you were "just havin' fun"--and we WERE "havin' fun"...a different world, in so many ways. BHG was still just Florida Field, and one end was still completely open, the other had about 20 rows of bleachers (capacity approx. 75,000, I'm thinking, but don't hold me to it). Those really WERE some of the best years of my life (placed perfectly between years at war and the years when I had to "grow up and get serious about life"). So obviously I am biased, but I will ALWAYS be a Gator, and I will always warmly remember and loyally love Gainesville as a great college town and a wonderful place to live.

G8RB8R

VIP Member
So many things to respond to here.
@ G8RB8R: SS really WAS the perfect Gator Head Coach, for all the reasons you give--He was OUR "Evil Genius"...That's what they all called him, and MAN, I LOVED IT! You're right: we had 'em half beat before kick off.

@ E'94: You'll find a lot of mixed feelings, I think--but those are starting to solidify into anger and resentment among a certain segment up here. Hard to say if these are a majority, or just the most vocal fans, the loud-mouthed, radio-listening "Let-me-tell-YOU"-crowd.
As for who will "take the edge off" the Haters' angry anti-Gator agenda, you can pretty well expect an extended backlash that eventually settles in to the former unreasonably deep and constant resentment. I think it's back to "business as usual" in that regard. Tim Tebow was a special case, a unique individual whose like we won't see again anytime soon--and as you note, once he was given a nice big first-round NFL contract, his apparent "immunity" collapsed somehow in the "minds" of all those outsiders who had previously given him a pass he never asked for in the first place.

@ATXHorns79: I'm glad you made that distinction between the size of the two cities and the effect their sizes relative to that of the Universities has on the experience of going to school there. I have lived in both towns, obviously--in fact, I've actually lived in Austin longer than I EVER did in Gainesville: (as I've noted before in discussing Austin's redeeming features with Escambia'94) there are all kinds of things that make this a great city, the music scene, of course, Barton Springs, lots of good food in the restaurants, clubs and bars, the green belts, the Hill Country and its parks, rivers and lakes, but it always kind of drowned out the effect that the students have on setting the tone here. Except for the Drag, West Campus and (to some extent) the Hyde Park neighborhoods, they and UT itself were then and still are just "one more thing about the Capital of Texas", albeit an important part, and the team IS the city's team, the way pro-teams are in other cities. I have watched Austin grow explosively larger since I moved here, however, and it hasn't been an improvement, in my view.
The same could be said about G'ville, to be fair--though the growth has not been quite as overwhelming, it seems to me. When I went there though we students literally DOMINATED the town, which was great. At that time (the late 70's) Gainesville's population WITHOUT the University was just a shade over 30,000 (I'm told it's up around 200,000 now)--and the University undergrad enrollment was right around that number...in other words, with grad-students, instructors and assorted staff and maintenance workers,etc., UF actually MORE THAN DOUBLED the town's population when in session (and more than 1/2 left during breaks!). We RULED that town; it was HARD to get in any serious trouble, long as you were "just havin' fun"--and we WERE "havin' fun"...a different world, in so many ways. BHG was still just Florida Field, and one end was still completely open, the other had about 20 rows of bleachers (capacity approx. 75,000, I'm thinking, but don't hold me to it). Those really WERE some of the best years of my life (placed perfectly between years at war and the years when I had to "grow up and get serious about life"). So obviously I am biased, but I will ALWAYS be a Gator, and I will always warmly remember and loyally love Gainesville as a great college town and a wonderful place to live.

Oh, my, I was at UF when the Oaks Mall was the only mall, and it had only recently opened. At one time there was a real gator in the gator cage outside of Century Tower. In 1968, the South Endzone was nothing but wooden bleachers. I could see into the north endzone of Florida Field from my 2nd story dorm room in Murphree A. The College Inn was just across the street from the Dorms and was just the same as it was when my parents went to UF 1948-50. It later became the Purple Porpoise. The very first fast food place on University across the street from the UF Library was Krystal, 3 people got blown away there one night. Man, there was no night life in Gainesville back then. Everything happened on campus. Slow nights on campus meant Panty Raids on the girl's dorms LOL

Escambia94

It must have been nice to see Florida Field in the olden days and watch it grow. The first time I saw in was in '94. Due to military obligations, I went there off and on until finally graduating in 2006 with my BSEE, but much of those courses were taken at remote campuses through the Florida Engineering Education Delivery System (FEEDS) that targets military guys. I have been to a couple stadiums around the world, and none compare to BHG. It has a very good design. I would say that Death Valley is similar in terms of how close the fans are to the field, but BHG's sight lines are well engineered for the fans to see the game (like the Spurs AT&T Center compared to the Lakers Staples Center...the AT&T Center has all good seats for peons like us, while Staples Center focuses on good seats for the rich folks down below or in the luxury box). In terms of atmosphere and ambiance, maybe the USC Trojans stadium is comparable. The Doak is a dump once you go inside, but sure is pretty on the outside...but with crappy sight lines). DKR itself is just big to me. Bad sightlines at times.

What this has to do with the MusCHOMP top 10, I don't know. I do want to propose that we change his nickname from Coach Boom to either MusCHOMP or Coach BOOOM! (like the Nike commercial).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
MusCHOMP=best so far...but, like everything else, I reserve judgment--"We'll see!!!"

(Oh, and correct me if I'm way off base on this, but the main difference between being at UF in Gainesville in 1968 and 1978 can be summed up in two words: Gainesville Green.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema