• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The White Helmets

G8RB8R

VIP Member
They suck. Bad enough we pull an f$u stunt when we played f$u this year, by changing uniforms & helmets, but to continue to wear that ridiculus white F helmet was an awful decision. The F on the white helmet made me think of Furman or ucF. BTW, those awful blue football pants with the obnoxious wide white stripes, up the legs and around the waist, made the players look like they were wearing their jock straps on the outside of their uniforms. If you want to put squiggly designs on the shoulders of the jerseys, why not use GATOR claws?

The orange GATORS helmet, with the script GATORS on the sides, is the University of Florida. Are we having some sort of identity crisis, where someone in the Athl Dept is worried that people don't know who we are? Is UF so greedy/money grubbing, that the school would stoop to that level and be willing to sacrifice their image for the almighty Nike dollar? Whatever the reason(s) for this kind of inane antic, it needs to stop...like right now! It was cute for the Alabama game several years ago, but no more.

Maybe I am the only one that feels this way, but, hell yeah, I am superstitious! Why pull stunts that will make it harder for others to recognize who we are?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I don't believe in luck, but I do believe in tradition. You can change the uniform, but for cryin' out loud--keep the orange helmets! The uniform thing has nothing to do with UF being greedy. When you walk around campus there are posters around the bookstore and near the stadium showing that UF researchers contributed to the Nike uniforms. If you're an engineer like me, you get these newsletters bragging about it. It only makes sense that UF wears this set of uniforms, at least until the end of this season. I don't know if the other 9 or 10 teams advertising the uniforms had researchers that contributed to the design, but I do know UF did contribute to the lighter materials with materials engineering.

ShortBus

VIP Member
i feel the same way.. my buddy likes the new helmets and i told him before the game even started "oh shit, they're wearing them gay ass white helmets again" and he goes "dude they look bad ass" and i go "they've never won us a championship, so no they look gay" and after the game.. "i told you they ain't never won us a championship.."

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Personally, I think the new white helmets suck; they remind me too much of those "throwbacks" we wore against Bama back in 2006.

I say bring back the orange helmets with the "Gators" logo on them!

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Get rid of them permanently. The only white helmets any good were the throwback helmet they wore in 2006.

Otherwise, wear the orange helmets with the "Gators" script.

QuickGator

Gator Fan
Orange Helmets

I didn't mind the white helmets for the FSU game, but to continue wearing them as the new standard, I hate them.

Does anyone know if they actually intend to continue with the white? The NIKE uniforms are fine, but I bet NIKE could find a way to paint the helmets orange!:gator:

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Guys the Gators had a different styles of helmets over the years. They had blue helmets, white helmets with numbers, white helmets with the letter F, Orange helmets with UF, and now Orange with Gators. I don't think it was the helmets. Besides if I recalled in 1979 (the winless season) They had the orange Gators helmets on. I don't it would have matter.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Guys the Gators had a different styles of helmets over the years. They had blue helmets, white helmets with numbers, white helmets with the letter F, Orange helmets with UF, and now Orange with Gators. I don't think it was the helmets. Besides if I recalled in 1979 (the winless season) They had the orange Gators helmets on. I don't it would have matter.

I don't mind them wearing white helmets. The throwback helmet with the standard block "F" on it looked cool.

But this helmet with that weird font looked awful imo. All the helmets you're mentioning are still classics. This was an attempt to "modernize" a classic helmet, and it failed.

QuickGator

Gator Fan
I didn't mean to imply that is why they lost or had anything to do with it. The other day, my friend's son walked through while the game was on - 72" projector screen - he asked if the Gators were going to be playing today - because they had the white helmets on.

I don't mind change, but the orange with Gators in script still looks good.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
When I first saw them, I thought hmmmm that's cool maybe UM is trying to get in their heads. To me on first glance I thought it looked like auburn on the field about to play bama and not the Gators.
I think I'm alone on this and was with the group I watched the game with. It proved to be moot (the helmets) as the game progressed.

JvilleJohnny

I'm superstitious so i was worried when i saw they were wearing the white helmets.. and i was right.. but i kind of liked the look of the all white. but when they are at home or they wear their home jerseys, i like the orange helmets...and i hated the new blue color jerseys and pants, it was too light of a shade.

windsong

Gator Fan
I am not a gator fan,I am an ORC fan (Old Rugged Cross) undefeated in over 2000 years,and Jesus is the coach.
The reason the Florida Gators lost to Alabama was because of the demonic uniforms they were wearing. The nike corp. is involved in the occult. many rock stars today are involved in satanism,and the occult,when they cut an album,they place a cyrse upon that album. When it hits the stores and anyone buys that album,they will suffer demonic opession. The Florida Gotors were oppressed by wearing those uniforms.
Had they wore the original Gator uniforms,they would have won. If Florida wears those demonic uniforms against Cinncinati,they will lose again!

Urban Meyer needs to burn those demonic uniforms Acts 19:19, they burned anything involved in the occult.....show this scripture to Tim Tebow

There are thousands of people who are being oppressed,from being involved in the occult wether innocently or not.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema