• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Tim Tebow Rule

ilovegators

VIP Member
I just read about a new rule the NCAA is looking into that will ban players from wearing special messages on their eye black. It was brought up because Tebow made it so famous with his Bible verses. What do you think? Should the NCAA ban it?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
It's college. College, like high school, can make silly rules. I am okay with the ban on eye black for college students. Now, if the NFL banned it in the pros I would be upset.

ShortBus

VIP Member
It's college. College, like high school, can make silly rules. I am okay with the ban on eye black for college students. Now, if the NFL banned it in the pros I would be upset.

it's been banned in the pros... NFL doesn't allow players to wear any kind of personal messages on them or their uniforms, etc.. been that way

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
it's been banned in the pros... NFL doesn't allow players to wear any kind of personal messages on them or their uniforms, etc.. been that way

Well then, I am upset. I can't be too upset, considering the rule has probably been around for a long time and I just now learning about it. Okay. I'm over it. Next issue.

JvilleJohnny

I dont really have a problem with it either way. Banning the logos of the school's or the school's sponsers from the eye black is kind of ridiculous. But I think its interesting how they banned it right after Tebow graduated. Tim is a trend setter. lol

XofDallas

Gator Fan
I think it's a good rule. If the NCAA doesn't ban eyeblack messages, sooner or later someone will use them for something some group feels is offensive, and how would the NCAA ever hope to regulate content. Easiest thing is to ban everything (especially logos/messages from equipment donors like nike, etc.). Easiest time to do it is offseason - and a few weeks after Tim Tebow has thrown his last pass for the Gators.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema