• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Suspended Players

GoGatorsZ71

Hangin in tha swamps
Random question, are the suspended players from the beginning of the season ever coming back next season or are they done? I can't seem to find anything since September when I search online.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The nine players could not return until they were declared guilty or innocent in a court or if they agreed to arbitration or pre-trial counseling. Just this week, a judge from the Alachua County Court system decided that seven players qualify for pre-trial intervention to have felony charges dismissed. Those seven players still have to go before the university’s Student Code of Conduct Committee to determine potential punishment before even returning to practice.

Defensive end Jordan Smith and offensive tackle Kadeem Telfort, are still under investigation for making multiple purchases using multiple stolen cards, and will likely go to court in a few months. Their time is done at UF, even if found not guilty, because they will have been replaced on the roster and their scholarships will likely be revoked effective at the end of the fall semester.

In summary: we may see some of the players back on the field near the very end of the season, depending on the outcome of the Code of Conduct Committee. I do not expect Antonio Callaway to be one of them.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
According to some of the players' social media accounts, some think they will be back next season.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The nine players could not return until they were declared guilty or innocent in a court or if they agreed to arbitration or pre-trial counseling. Just this week, a judge from the Alachua County Court system decided that seven players qualify for pre-trial intervention to have felony charges dismissed. Those seven players still have to go before the university’s Student Code of Conduct Committee to determine potential punishment before even returning to practice.

Defensive end Jordan Smith and offensive tackle Kadeem Telfort, are still under investigation for making multiple purchases using multiple stolen cards, and will likely go to court in a few months. Their time is done at UF, even if found not guilty, because they will have been replaced on the roster and their scholarships will likely be revoked effective at the end of the fall semester.

In summary: we may see some of the players back on the field near the very end of the season, depending on the outcome of the Code of Conduct Committee. I do not expect Antonio Callaway to be one of them.
Have a feeling Scarlett either--which would of course naturally mean he goes on to STAR, tear up the FIELD for someone else. Calloway I won't give another thought about--he will be a millstone to any desperately cynical program that snaps him up. Someone likely will--but in his case I truly believe that unless he goes straight to the pros somehow (CFL?), this one will much more likely poison whatever group he is among, rather than "clean up and rise again", even if ("when"?) he manages to avoid felony jailtime.
The rest will definitely avoid jail, get misdemeanor "community service" and restitution (mostly relatively small amounts), it appears. Frankly, from what I know, we OUGHT to at least consider letting some (maybe even most) of the others back, on a case-by-case basis of course.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema