• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The QB battle about to end?

News Bot

News Bot
By early Saturday evening, we may finally know who Florida’s starting quarterback is going to be this season. If one of the two clearly outperforms the other, then the Gators likely will know who their guy is between Jacoby Brissett and Jeff Driskel.
But, based on what’s happened in their epic and too-close-to-call battle, there’s a better chance that UF will come out of Saturday’s opener still not knowing. This intense quarterback competition could rage all season — and there’s a chance the two-quarterback system might be here to stay.
“I mean, that’s definitely something that they might do, and that’s shown in the past that it can work, so we’re both going to prepare and we’re both going to do what we can to help the team,” Driskel said Tuesday. “Obviously, that’s not the ideal situation, but if that’s what it comes down to, we’re going to have to make it work.”
Brissett was asked Tuesday if he felt that the quarterback battle was entering its final phase.
“I mean, the battle will never end,” he said. “Every day is a struggle and you’ve got to go out and compete as hard as you can and to the best of your ability.”
Both quarterbacks were asked what their plan would be if the other quarterback was named the starter after Saturday’s game.
“I better make sure I win the job the next week,” Brissett said.
“”I don’t think I’ll be competing harder (if I don’t win the job) because I think I am going as hard as I can and doing everything to help it. I’m just going to prepare the same and be ready if my name gets called, Driskel said.
Despite the intense competition between the two quarterbacks, they say they’re still friends. Brissett even said he felt bad for Driskel when he injured his shoulder a few weeks ago and missed two practices.
“I was sad,” Brissett said. “It’s like my best friend. He was hurt. Try to hurry up and get him back.”
Best friend?
“Of course,” Brissett said.
Driskel said he and Brissett have a close relationship, but that the two don’t take long walks together at night.
Brissett joked that the two go to the movies together instead and share popcorn.
Driskel said the competition has not put a strain on their friendship.
“It hasn’t changed at all,” he said. “We’ve really been professional about it and we’ve handled it really well. I mean, there’s really no reason (to have animosity) towards each other. We’re both guys out here competing and we both want to win, so there’s no reason to be like that.”

Source: GatorSports.com - Robbie's Playbook

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema