• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tebow's promise

TebowISgod

Gator Fan
Tebow promised Gator fans that we will see him play like we've never seen before. He said he's going to play so hard and make up for the crap we've dealt with through the first few games.

Do you think that's just Tim being Tim, or will we really see something more out of him.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
What else can he do? Put up numbers like last year? I sure hope not (the rushing part at least). Maybe he can actually pass the ball deep...yeah that would be swell.

I think he'll try harder, that's for sure. I just hope he doesn't try so hard, he makes more mistakes.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
I think what we'll see is more focused effort on his part. That may result in an overall Team commitment, you know, Lead By example......Maybe I'm just talkin' fanspeak here but I am looking forward to the next game with no trepidation.

GO GATORS !!

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Unfortunately, this isn't basketball. The outcome of a game can't be decided by one player. That being said, I hope his play will be infectious to the rest of the team.

gogators9606

Gator Fan
Tim has to understand that without a deep threat the spread option will NOT work in the SEC. The safety is walking up to help with the run. We need to go deep to make sure the safety backs up...Then pop the run. This year and especically last week we have been out coached. Urban will get it together.

:gator: GO GATORS

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Tebow promised Gator fans that we will see him play like we've never seen before. He said he's going to play so hard and make up for the crap we've dealt with through the first few games.

Do you think that's just Tim being Tim, or will we really see something more out of him.

Tim Tebow made obvious mistakes out there last Saturday. I admire the fact that he's taking responsibility for what he did instead of just shrugging things off with lame excuses or Zookish cliches like "it is correctable, and we're getting better and better".

GG9606 makes a good point about the deep threat; Tebow and his recievers need to be on the same page and in sync with each other. That, Tebow needs to be more accurate, and our receivers need to hold onto the ball - I've seen a couple of plays (Carl Moore and Deonte Thompson) that were catchable balls and not turned into complete plays because the ball was dropped.

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
I absolutely believe that Tebow did the right thing by accepting responsibility for the loss. All great quarterback would in a loss of this kind.

The offense was not productive. This has been the case all year. I think the players are getting bored with the play calling and keeping the chains on the other players.

The players on offense have been going through the motions with no fire! Do you remember the Tebow of last year with the emotion, fire, and leadership? I have not seen that this year yet.

If Tebow is the leader of this team and the players get their energy and fire from him than he needs to step it up and be that inspiration.

I believe that we will see a very different team tomorrow (I sure hope so) that will go out and want to prove that they do have the motivation to win the game rather than try not to lose the game.

Again this has to start with our number one player - Tebow

GO GATORS!!!!

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I absolutely believe that Tebow did the right thing by accepting responsibility for the loss. All great quarterback would in a loss of this kind.

The offense was not productive. This has been the case all year. I think the players are getting bored with the play calling and keeping the chains on the other players.

The players on offense have been going through the motions with no fire! Do you remember the Tebow of last year with the emotion, fire, and leadership? I have not seen that this year yet.

If Tebow is the leader of this team and the players get their energy and fire from him than he needs to step it up and be that inspiration.

I believe that we will see a very different team tomorrow (I sure hope so) that will go out and want to prove that they do have the motivation to win the game rather than try not to lose the game.

Again this has to start with our number one player - Tebow

GO GATORS!!!!

Another good post; the quarterback is one of the most integral players on any offense and needs to demonstrate strong leadership at all times. Tebow is too good of a player to need to have his hand held; he needs to show initiative and make solid plays happen out there. He has the skills to be an effective passer out there, and so far he's been passive in that aspect of his game.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
So far Tim Tebow has kept his promise to Gator Nation; here's the You Tube of it:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PcQ-lsAnp8[/YOUTUBE]

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
With the way the season turned out, this has to be considered one of the greatest moments in college football history. This one speech may go on to become the epitome of Tebow's legacy.

It's much like Desmond Howard's Heisman pose, or Herschel Walker running through defender after defender. Or even, dare I say, Flutie's Hail Mary pass. This will go down in the annals of college football history as one of those historic moments.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
And how those words resonated throughout Gator Nation. Smack Apparel even put them on their Gators' National Championship T-shirt:

promise-kept-royal-medium.gif

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
DESTIN --- The man most responsible for “The Promise” still can’t believe what he heard that day. If you’re a Gator, you’ll never forget Tim Tebow’s teeth clenching, tear-stained promise after Florida did the unthinkable and lost to Ole Miss last September. Houston Nutt coached Ole Miss to the win that day and he can’t get it out of his mind, either.
“He should have won the Heisman Trophy,” Nutt said. “What he did was unbelievable. He was better in 2008 than he was in 2007 when he won it.”
In eight of those games, the Gators spent much of the game on cruise control because they had the game in hand so early, blowout wins orchestrated from the quarterback position. In the Alabama and Oklahoma games, Tebow literally willed the Gators to victory. Watch the fourth quarter of those two games and you see how one player can impose his will not just on his own team but on the opponent.
That’s where we saw The Promise fulfilled up close and personal.
“I watched it and I was in awe,” Nutt said. “I kept thinking back to Tim standing there and making that promise and I watched him take all the responsibility on his shoulders. You watch those fourth quarters and he’s everywhere … he’s making a play on the field and then you see him sprint 40 yards to get in the face of the guys on the kickoff team. When he had to make a play, he made it, and when he wasn’t making plays he was inspiring his teammates to make plays. He lifted the entire team. I mean I’ve never seen anything like that. Nothing close to it in all the years I’ve been coaching.
“He would NOT let his team lose. Just wouldn’t.”
Nutt was so impressed with what Florida did the rest of the season and in those two championship games that he has taken the words of The Promise and distributed them to every one of his Ole Miss Rebels to serve as an example of what can happen when there is a refuse to lose attitude. He’s got it on video and the Rebels will be watching that, too.
“I want every player on my team to think about what would happen if we all were that determined … if all of us made a collective decision that we aren’t going to lose and that we’ll do anything … whatever it takes to win,” Nutt said. “I still get inspired by what Tim Tebow did that day. He made a promise for all the world to see and then he went about his business of living up to it.”
A good read from GC HERE

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema