• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tebow's offensive production in 2008

TebowISgod

Gator Fan
In 2007, Tim Tebow accounted for 70 percent of the team's total yards last season (4181 of 5943) and 73 percent of its touchdowns (55 of 75).

How do you think those numbers will skew in 2008? I'm thinking 62% total yards and 70% of the touchdowns.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I think he stay be a key weapon but if a running back can develop it will keep off some off Tebow not to mention Meyer said he will put in a two quarterback system next season. He wouldn't be used as much but he'll still be important.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Passing stats should probably stay high. He ran so much in 2007, that if Tebow plays this way in 2008, he might end up with a worse injury. That's why we need a RB to develop. Tebow should still run, but he shouldn't be closing out games just running the ball (like at Ole Miss).

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I can see Tebow's passing stats being roughly the same, but his rushing will probably be down. Hopefully he'll run the ball less because of the two QB system and a running back.

Honestly, I don't care that much about our offense. Even a slight improvement in defense will more than compensate for a slight decrease in offense.

I think in most situations you really want to be as balanced as possible. If we can get a RB to step up, I think you will see more down the field plays in the passing game. I would also think that if Tebow accounts for 55-65% of our offense we are doing great.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I still think Tebow will account for 40-45 touchdowns and probably a ton of yards. Meyer knows he can succeed with Tebow throwing and running the ball. I'm not sure if he'll move away from what works.

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
I can't wait till the gators take the field, I seriously think there won't be much of a difference this year from last. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema