• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tebow Wins Sullivan Award

danufgator

Gator Fan
NEW YORK — While the Florida basketball team was losing to Massachusetts in the National Invitation Tournament on Tuesday night, Gator quarterback Tim Tebow was winning a couple of miles away.

Continue to 2nd paragraph In the same city where he was named the first sophomore to win the Heisman Trophy in December, Tebow was named the winner of the Sullivan Award at the New York Athletic Club.

He joins swimmer Tracy Caulkins (1978) as the only UF athlete to win the award, which goes to the nation's top amateur athlete. Past winners of the award, which is given out by the Amateur Athletic Union, include Bobby Jones, Wilma Rudolph, Nancy Kwan and Peyton Manning.

A 700-member group, including the AAU board of directors, the U.S. Olympic Committee board of directors, the AAU Sullivan Committee, past Sullivan Award winners and select members of the sports media, vote on the winner as well as fans whose Internet votes account for one-third of the total.

The award has been presented annually since 1930.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Tebow is a good player, but he didn't deserve the Heisman or any other award given to him!!!

You're just trying to get us mad. I'll assume that you are a Vols fan since you say you are from Knoxville. Do you really think Tebow shouldn't have won the Heisman, or is this because Peyton Manning didn't win the Heisman?

O-town Gator

Gator Fan

You're just trying to get us mad. I'll assume that you are a Vols fan since you say you are from Knoxville. Do you really think Tebow shouldn't have won the Heisman, or is this because Peyton Manning didn't win the Heisman?

#1, don't feed the trolls. We both know that Tebow deserves every honor he's been awarded so far - if rivals are jealous, too damn bad. Let them try to recruit and develop somebody as good as Tim is if they're even capable of doing that.

Hater, we can see through your motive. If you can't stand the Gators, then why are you trolling on a Florida board? If you want to talk smack, you should join a Tennessee community and spew all your Gator-hatred there. We wouldn't go trashing another team in their own house, so how about showing a little RESPECT here? Sheesh.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I don't mind someone coming in and trashing the Gators, but qualify your remarks, please!

If you don't think Tebow should have won the Heisman or any other awards, that's cool. While I think he deserved it, I can see the argument that the only reason he won was because he's a system QB, UF never had a running back, etc. And that his 2 min offense needs help, he lost crucial games, etc.

Bash all you want, but give decent reasons. Otherwise, sit on your hands and shut up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema