• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Swampie: Number One Concern for 2010

the most running you'll se from brantely is options and a few chris leak type runs(open space)

hopefully meyer brings some of them trick plays back he ran in 05, 06 and his utah days now that tebow's gone(yall might not remeber but meyer used to run some tricky plays before tebow)

if we still had newton tho i think we would still be doing the tebow thing, cuz he's a big strong fast dude. could do just about everything tebow did as far running over fools

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
the most running you'll se from brantely is options and a few chris leak type runs(open space)

hopefully meyer brings some of them trick plays back he ran in 05, 06 and his utah days now that tebow's gone(yall might not remeber but meyer used to run some tricky plays before tebow)

if we still had newton tho i think we would still be doing the tebow thing, cuz he's a big strong fast dude. could do just about everything tebow did as far running over fools

Thanks for reminding me. I never bothered to compare stats on Cam Newton. I did not realize how similar he was to Tim Tebow.

Cam Newton (2007 HS))
Code:
Height:	6-5.5
Weight:	225
40-Yard Dash:	4.75
Short Shuttle:	4.44
Vertical Jump:	35.0"
Pos Rank: 14

Tim Tebow (2006 HS)
Code:
Height:	6-2.5
Weight:	218
40-Yard Dash:	4.71
Short Shuttle:	4.56
Vertical Jump:	32.5"
Pos Rank: 3
Areas for Improvement: mechanics

John Brantley (2007 HS)
Code:
Ht:6'3"
Wt:190 lbs
40:4.64 
Shuttle:4.41
Vertical:29 inches
Areas for Improvement: mobility

Chris Leak (2007 NFL Combine)
Code:
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 210
40: 4.66 
Vertical jump: 31 inches 
4.24 20-yard shuttle
8/12 Wonderlic score
Areas for Improvement: size, strength

O-town Gator

Gator Fan

If Newton could have kept his nose clean, he still would have been wearing the Gator Orange and Blue.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
If Newton could have kept his nose clean, he still would have been wearing the Gator Orange and Blue.

Maybe as a backup. I doubt he would have supplanted Brantley or Tebow, and I personally want to see Florida alternate its styles of QB.

I guess the scary thing is that Auburn always plays us hard.

who's this remind you of?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e60_8ln-MgE&feature=PlayList&p=760D9FBC263181A6&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=28"]YouTube - Cam Newton Trucks a Vol[/ame]

i think he'll be good to great at auburn. we'll see

and i agree with escambia i wanna go back to alex smith chris leak type QB play, it was fun watching tebow truck everbody but it got kinda old this passed year mainy cuz tebow was doing so much

TebowISgod

Gator Fan
I don't think Brantley will have any problems staying healthy. Our offensive line is great at protecting the quarterback and not giving up sacks. Plus Brantley won't be running to ball as much as Tim so he won't be getting hit a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema