• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Stoops getting desperate

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2009/01/05/0105ounotes.html

The Sooners are expected to be at a competitive disadvantage in the Dolphin Stadium stands for Thursday's game.

While both schools received an equal number of tickets, the Gators figure to have a much larger group of supporters on hand.

So Stoops is looking for help anywhere he can find it.

"I'm calling on all the Hurricane and Seminole fans that are down here to root for us," said Stoops, who was the Gators' defensive coordinator under Steve Spurrier from 1996-98. 'That won't be hard, I don't think. There's another part of South Florida that isn't for the Gators and we're hoping to recruit them here this week."

-----------

"Big Game" Bob apparently needs OTHER teams to help him out.

turn the tables. what if this game was in Dallas? say under Jerry Jones' new stadium? Dallas is but 2 hours from Norman. We fill up a half stadium for Red River Rivalry. We'd fill up more for a title game with the other team being multiple states away.

That is unless someone calls for OU haters to show up like texas fans, or texas tech fans.

i know. OU has been in the situation in 2000 and 2003. won 1, lost 1. I guess I'm askin if you can blame Stoops for reachin for support in basically a road game. I wouldnt exactly call it neutral.

i know. OU has been in the situation in 2000 and 2003. won 1, lost 1. I guess I'm askin if you can blame Stoops for reachin for support in basically a road game. I wouldnt exactly call it neutral.

Heck man If i made some of the money they back id pay some fans to come...Im in miami for the game and believe it or not most of the miami and fsu fans here are pulling for the floirda team....

There are quite a few OU haters around. I work smack in the middle of Oklahoma and theres Miami fans been trashin me all month.

I'll be honest I dont much care for OU i like texas and Tech and okie lite just have never been an OU fan. Now Im not going to talk all rude about them because of what i feel a good team is a good team. I like the heck outta bob but I have friends that are OU fans and there back in perry calling me left and right saying are u ready to watch ur team and tebow go down.

I'll be honest I dont much care for OU i like texas and Tech and okie lite just have never been an OU fan. Now Im not going to talk all rude about them because of what i feel a good team is a good team. I like the heck outta bob but I have friends that are OU fans and there back in perry calling me left and right saying are u ready to watch ur team and tebow go down.

GREAT. thats the retarded side of the OU fan base. I'll be honest there are some really retarded fans in OU's corner. When i hear them at the stadium, I go after them. Drives me nuts when they say stupid things. Please dont associate ALL OU fans with fans like those. We are not all like that. I promise.

GREAT. thats the retarded side of the OU fan base. I'll be honest there are some really retarded fans in OU's corner. When i hear them at the stadium, I go after them. Drives me nuts when they say stupid things. Please dont associate ALL OU fans with fans like those. We are not all like that. I promise.

Yeah I don't man...OU is a good team no matter what I do believe yall lost some fire in Murray going down.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"I'm calling on all the Hurricane and Seminole fans that are down here to root for us," said Stoops, who was the Gators' defensive coordinator under Steve Spurrier from 1996-98. 'That won't be hard, I don't think. There's another part of South Florida that isn't for the Gators and we're hoping to recruit them here this week."

Stoopsie, if you need fans to jump on your bandwagon you can do a LOT better than reach out to the Criminoles and scUM for support. You were once on our sidelines yourself; you ought to know.

greggcowan

VIP Member

That was a classy comment to make jeronimosooner. I'd like to apologize for jumping you in an earlier thread. I jumped to conclusions that you were coming here to be an obnoxious fan. Clearly I was wrong. Again, mt apologies.

That was a classy comment to make jeronimosooner. I'd like to apologize for jumping you in an earlier thread. I jumped to conclusions that you were coming here to be an obnoxious fan. Clearly I was wrong. Again, mt apologies.

thank you, but no need to apologize. I know how these boards work. Those kind of assumptions are warranted on most boards IMO. The obnoxious outnumber the respectable on these boards. Its all good. Thanks again

theres a HUGE problem around here with OU-haters assuming every OU fan is the same. I say around here, I mean Oklahoma, not this board. New hires show up at my work and the second they hear I'm an OU fan, they cuss me up and down. complete strangers these people are. have no clue who I am. believe me I gave it right back and have turned many faces red with embarassment. There are OU fans that are big a-holes. There are also OU haters that are just as big, if not bigger a-holes.

appreciate that. people forget college football is fun. its fun to be fans. talk up our teams, and a lil trash to others without being d-bags. Oklahoma is in the national title game. I'm gonna surround myself with my good friends, drink lots of beer, and hopefully do the midnight National title shirt sale at a local factory here. They start making shirts before the game is over, because people line up to buy them the second the game is over. yes we have been disappointed many times before. but its fun when we take a 12 pack of beer, stand in line, and get title shirts.

Sucks to lose, but man it sure is fun watching the game.

greggcowan

VIP Member
appreciate that. people forget college football is fun. its fun to be fans. talk up our teams, and a lil trash to others without being d-bags. Oklahoma is in the national title game. I'm gonna surround myself with my good friends, drink lots of beer, and hopefully do the midnight National title shirt sale at a local factory here. They start making shirts before the game is over, because people line up to buy them the second the game is over. yes we have been disappointed many times before. but its fun when we take a 12 pack of beer, stand in line, and get title shirts.

Sucks to lose, but man it sure is fun watching the game.

You just touched on something my wife and I were talking about today. Both Sooner and Gator fans alike are going through.

Geting to the title game is the shit!!! But, (as one side will experience) doesn't it suck to get within one win and just miss? That just hrts for years!!!! Sometimes I think Id almost rather not get there, than get there....that close and lose...LMAO!

Zach

Gator Fan
turn the tables. what if this game was in Dallas? say under Jerry Jones' new stadium? Dallas is but 2 hours from Norman. We fill up a half stadium for Red River Rivalry. We'd fill up more for a title game with the other team being multiple states away.

That is unless someone calls for OU haters to show up like texas fans, or texas tech fans.

:gator::gator::gator::gator: I'm jk. Good Point and good luck. Go Gators!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema