• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Spread vs. Fun n' Gun

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Which offensive scheme do you prefer? Urban Meyer's spread or Steve Spurrier's Fun n' Gun?

We put up way more points in Spurrier's offense that's for sure. But there's definitely excitement in seeing Tebow gut through the line for 15 yard gains.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
We put up more points in the Fun-n-Gun without a doubt, but at times we've run up the score in Meyer's spread offense as well.

Many don't realize this, but SOS's offense is a variation of the spread offense Meyer runs - and at the time Spurrier implemented this scheme there were also skeptics wondering if this offense would work in the SEC.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I'd go with the fun n gun BEFORE defenses figured it out.

Now it really doesn't matter which scheme, it's whoever can execute better.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
I need to see the spread for a few more years to judge them equally. Both offenses were revolutionary when they were introduced.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Both offensives critics said they wouldn't work in the SEC and boy they were wrong. Honestly I go with the Fun N Gun. Image Harvin in that system?

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Depends. Fun N Gun had guys to fit that system. We aren't quite there yet, but almost.

This season, I expect us to average 45-50+ points per game. Losing C.I. hurts, but Aaron Hernandez is definitely capable.

TebowISgod

Gator Fan
Fun N' Gun in it's prime was unstoppable. Now defense have caught on and it doesn't work as well. The spread is the hot new thing. More and more teams are adapting their offenses to it.

but Fun N' Gun was definitely more fun to watch. I loved dropping 50+ on a regular basis.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema