• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

So is Coach Azzanni The New Offensive Coordinator?

The Zooker

VIP Member
Before the bye week, Meyer was criticizing Addazio's offense. After the victory over UGA, Meyer is singing Azzanni's praise and how he installed the hurry-up offense that was used at times. So what do you think will happen from here? I think Meyer keeps Addazio as offensive coordinator and gives Azzanni the Co-offensive Coordinator title. Maybe Addazio will get the hint and request that he relinquish the offense over to Azzanni so that he can better focus on preparing the offensive line and his other duties. What I can't figure out is how Loeffler fits into all of this. Meyer has depended on him in the past for offensive advice. Is he just going to get skipped over because he doesn't have as much experience with the hurry-up scheme? I doubt he sticks around next season if he isn't promoted. He has a history of coaching players that end up in the NFL. He can do better in his career if he transfer to a pro style school instead of wasting his time on running quarterbacks. Sucks to see him go though. I'd love to see a Loeffler-Azzanni offensive coordinator duo.

The Zooker

VIP Member
For the record, I still believe Addazio was calling the plays. Azzanni just had more input on the overall system and game plan leading up to the game, as well as giving direction during practice. I just found it interesting how Meyer is giving lots of credit to Azzanni in the media right now and wonder if he's seriously considering giving Azzanni more responsibility. Obviously Meyer won't make this decision after one game but if we end up pulling some kind of miracle in Atlanta, things will get interesting.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Hmm, I just thought of something. Loeffler up in the press box. Azzanni on the ground. Loeffler dissecting the defensive coverage. Azzanni ordering the troops on the ground. That would be awesome. Co-offensive Coordinator heaven. Loeffler is a football genius. But from what I hear, he is a little quiet. Azzanni has more of that high strung tone that can rally players and give orders. I think it would be a perfect fit. Of course Addazio would fix the O-line and coordinator recruiting and media relations. I would reasonably expect a national title with that scenario next season.

DOGatorFrat

Gator Fan
either way... I like what I saw. We have one game to improve before the SC game and three to get it together for FSU

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Hmm, I just thought of something. Loeffler up in the press box. Azzanni on the ground. Loeffler dissecting the defensive coverage. Azzanni ordering the troops on the ground. That would be awesome. Co-offensive Coordinator heaven. Loeffler is a football genius. But from what I hear, he is a little quiet. Azzanni has more of that high strung tone that can rally players and give orders. I think it would be a perfect fit. Of course Addazio would fix the O-line and coordinator recruiting and media relations. I would reasonably expect a national title with that scenario next season.

I think you nailed it here. Was Loeffler in the box last week? Either way, I was happy to see Meyer with headphones, yelling at players, and Addazio doing whatever it is that he does...but with no observeable stupidity.

I would hope Loeffler sticks around just to develop Jeff Driskel. JD looks promising. Also Loeffler can help Brantley prepare for the NFL.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
I would like to see Adazzio back to the O-Line coach(where he is good at) and anybody new at offensive coordinator ( anybody can do better than what we are right now) we should easily a 1 loss team with our talent...

The Zooker

VIP Member
I think you nailed it here. Was Loeffler in the box last week? Either way, I was happy to see Meyer with headphones, yelling at players, and Addazio doing whatever it is that he does...but with no observeable stupidity.

I would hope Loeffler sticks around just to develop Jeff Driskel. JD looks promising. Also Loeffler can help Brantley prepare for the NFL.

I believe Loeffler is always in the press box.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
As usual Zooker you've put the most optimistic spin on the crumbs of facts available to us...but after the way "the rats deserted the sinking ship" last year (I know, I know, maybe they were just "intelligent rats"), I won't count on ANYTHING when it comes to coaching continuity.
As for what we may or may not be "ready for" come SC and/or FSU, Hey! We JUST beat Georgia, in OVERTIME, on a 37 yarder JUST inside the upright by our PUNTER...next week's Vanderbilt, who seems to rise up and beat someone they shouldn't every year. If ever there was a team or season where the adage, "One game at a time..." applies, this is it.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
As usual Zooker you've put the most optimistic spin on the crumbs of facts available to us...but after the way "the rats deserted the sinking ship" last year (I know, I know, maybe they were just "intelligent rats"), I won't count on ANYTHING when it comes to coaching continuity.
As for what we may or may not be "ready for" come SC and/or FSU, Hey! We JUST beat Georgia, in OVERTIME, on a 37 yarder JUST inside the upright by our PUNTER...next week's Vanderbilt, who seems to rise up and beat someone they shouldn't every year. If ever there was a team or season where the adage, "One game at a time..." applies, this is it.

LOL so negative....we cant win every game ever...:oops::tt2:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Wait a minute...I really DO hope Zooker's right! He seems to have information I don't have or get anywhere else, so the most I can do is react to it.
Aside from the (mostly humorous, albeit darkly so) wordplay regarding "rats", the rest is made up of facts, leading to my conclusion that we should "take it one game at a time": hardly a revolutionary concept, and neither "negative" nor "positive".
Generally, it will be pretty clear when I am being "negative". Trust me.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I am confused here. I have read two different sources on other sites that give either Addazio or Azzanni credit for the offense changes. One source even stated that the rotating QB part was Addazio and the no-huddle part was Azzanni. Does anyone have any insight into this? How are supposed to continue bashing Addazio if he actually came up with a good idea (assuming part of it was his idea)? Maybe it takes two or three coaches together to "create" this crazy wrinkle in the offense.

The Zooker

VIP Member
It was Addazio's idea to leave Brantley in the game even when Burton and/or Reed are behind Center. That way a pre-determined audible can happen quickly and hopefully it causes the defense to make a mistake in changing their defense. It's a great plan for noisy stadiums. Having to quickly line up a defense because of the no-huddle and then having to direct a change in the noise can lead to lots of miscues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema