• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Scheduling pansies

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
How do you feel about top tier programs scheduling mid-majors and small schools like Western Carolina and Citadel? Since strength of schedule isn't computed anymore in the rankings, it seems like more schools are going with a soft schedule.

Florida usually does this, although in 2008 we've only got one "cupcake" and that's Citadel.

Would you rather see good football, or blowouts?

JohnnyBGood

VIP Member
I prefer watching a competitive football game over a 72-7 blowout on a DII school. I'd rathe rthe Gators travel to USC and play a tough game on the road and enjoy the atmosphere and everything that comes with a big time game.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
I'd rather see a good game; however I see why UF schedules the way they do. UF already plays a very tough SEC schedule, plus FSU. UF also needs the money from home games, so UF doesn't want to play an away game when we could be making money from a home game against a bad school.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I'd rather see competitive games that we fight for the win than too many "cupcake" games that are more like glorified exhibitions. As long as the BCS system is in place we need some strength-of-schedule points besides a decent win-loss record and those stupid "style points" to let the BCS work in our favor when it comes down to team rankings and who winds up going to what bowl after the conference championship games.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Cupcakes don't help us move up the BCS rankings though. If we schedule good teams, and win... it makes us look that much better.

preachinGator

VIP Member
Cupcakes don't help us move up the BCS rankings though. If we schedule good teams, and win... it makes us look that much better.

osPu is proof of this. This is a mixed decision. If it doesn't help, play soft teams. But then you risk the banter of the nation like osPu gets.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema