• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

scheduling Citadel

preachinGator

VIP Member
Is it wrong of Florida to schedule Citadel? We have 3 other mediocre to strong OOC teams:

Hawaii – August 30
Miami – Sept 6
Florida State – Nov 29

Why Citadel at the end of the season? I remember everyone up at arms because of osPu's weak schedule. Why is it ok for us? Will it hurt in the rankings or does it matter?

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
I have absolutely NO problem with scheduling Citadel. We still have a tough OOC schedule even with them. OSU gets crap for their schedule because it is weak as a whole. Look at FSU's first two games and their conference schedule obviously isn't as hard as ours. Even with the Citadel game I'm sure that our schedule will be ranked at least in the top 5 toughest in the nation.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Our OCC is still pretty good. Also, Citadel is a good 1-AA team. They almost pulled off an upset of Wisconsin last year. Citadel is better than Youngstown St., which is Ohio St.'s 1-aa opponent.

Compared to other BCS teams with 1-aa opponents, Citadel is a better team than:

Norfolk St. vs Kentucky....................Northeastern vs Syracuse
Wofford vs South Carolina................Villanova vs West Virginia
Samford vs Ole Miss ...................... Murray St. vs Indiana
SE Louisiana vs Mississippi St.............Youngstown St. vs Ohio St.
Chattanooga vs Florida St. ...............Coastal Carolina vs Penn St.
Charleston Southern vs Miami..............Northern Colorado vs Purdue
Hofstra vs Connecicut
Tennessee Tech vs Louisville
Morgan St. vs Rutgers
UT-Martin vs South Florida

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I am fine with scheduling Citadel. Hawaii and Miami and not as big of a cakewalk as say Western Kentucky and Troy last year. Citadel is an absolute joke of a football team, but our boys will need a softy after playing some tough SEC games.

I think it is very fair i mean we play in the SEC so of course we need something soft to do after all that hard play we do so yeah its very fair:)

preachinGator

VIP Member
Our OCC is still pretty good. Also, Citadel is a good 1-AA team. They almost pulled off an upset of Wisconsin last year. Citadel is better than Youngstown St., which is Ohio St.'s 1-aa opponent.

Compared to other BCS teams with 1-aa opponents, Citadel is a better team than:

Norfolk St. vs Kentucky....................Northeastern vs Syracuse
Wofford vs South Carolina................Villanova vs West Virginia
Samford vs Ole Miss ...................... Murray St. vs Indiana
SE Louisiana vs Mississippi St.............Youngstown St. vs Ohio St.
Chattanooga vs Florida St. ...............Coastal Carolina vs Penn St.
Charleston Southern vs Miami..............Northern Colorado vs Purdue
Hofstra vs Connecicut
Tennessee Tech vs Louisville
Morgan St. vs Rutgers
UT-Martin vs South Florida

Thanks. This actually took some thought and I give you thumbs up for your effort.:bananapartyhat:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema