• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rumors about Charlie Weis?

The Zooker

VIP Member
It's looking more and more to be real. Muschamp hired Weis' son for some kind of office position and Weis wants to be with his son. Players are even semi confirming it to the press as well. This would be an epic steal for Florida. The guy knows a thing or two about offenses. If Florida were to be able to grab a name like Weis for a coordinator position then that speaks very highly for our program. I doubt any other college program could have pulled this off. Weis is taking both a demotion and a pay cut to come here. That's huge.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Do you get the feeling there's something special starting to coalesce in Gainesville now?
Like the collapse inward of white-hot glowing material just before a new sun bursts alive?
(Pardon me if I wax poetic, but I'm starting to really FEEL it...this is beginning to have all the earmarks of a monumental power shift being born--success breeding more success in an accelerating cosmic juggernaut; Let's see how all this resonates with prospective recruits.)

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Chiefs have confirmed it.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Yes he's able to call plays, and yes he's able to recruit. And that is what we need. But it's still Cheeseburger Charlie, so I don't know how committed he is. And this probably means the spread option is pretty much done at Florida.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Will MusCHOMP already stated that he wanted a pro style offense. Why not bring one of the New England Patriots OCs that helped light up NFL scoreboards? We like to knock Cheeseburger Charlie due to Notre Dame, but look what we gain: offensive prowess, NFL style offense, emotional leader (in addition to MusCHOMP), and a football family (his son...locks him at Florida for 4-6 years!).

If we had Tim Tebow, this would easily be the most emotional team in history with an emotional QB, OC, and HC. What has been missing on the field as of late? Emotion. Leadership. Fire. What else can we ask for?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema